Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Peace Roses

This card was made for a Piercing Challenge on StampTV. Again, I used one of my favorite stamp sets, A Year of Flowers by Melanie. I used the Scor-Bug (purchased from GinaK Designs) to create the piercing along the left side of the card. This is such a great little tool because you use it with your Scor-Pal and just run it along the grooves to keep a perfectly straight line. If you turn the card stock over, it looks like embossed dots. The frame was made with Nestabilities. Before taking the white piece out of the Nestability, I used my Scor-Pal to create the grid then chalked it. This left the embossed border around the frame. I used Craft White ink and Detail Clear embossing powder to stamp the roses. To color I used Pretty In Pink and Barely Banana reinkers to watercolor the roses and Certainly Celery and Almost Artichoke ink on the leaves. I forgot to mention I used Garden Green Craft ink to stamp the leaves. I pierced the scallops on both frames. The frames and the roses are all on dimensional tape. Rhinestones were used on the four corners.

4 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

These are gorgeous! Lovely. You did a fantastic job. Isn't this just a fabulous stamp set and embossing folder.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

AKiteFlier said...

Unbelievably beautiful - got a scor-bug but haven't used it yet. This is an amazing card.

Jose said...

'WOW' gorgeous work!
Jose

Melanie said...

so gorgeous, I have yet to do the roses with the white embossing, it's just lvely, the scored detial adds so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails