Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ARRANGED WITH LOVE ON DESIGNER PAPER



Melanie Muenchinger is hosting a challenge over on StampTV. The challenge is to stamp a design over Designer Paper then color the image. I have never done this before so decided to give it a try. I was impressed with the results.

I stamped Arranged With Love over a piece of designer paper from Basic Grey's "Sugared" Paper Pad. I used Copic markers to color the image. I used a Martha Stewart Punch for the black border and then added another piece of the same designer paper on the right side of the card. My card is 5.5" square. Some square pink rhinestones and a few purple butterflies were added to complete the card.

Have you ever tried this technique? It was a lot of fun. Be sure to check out Melanie's Potluck Friday challenge on StampTV. If you submit a card you made using this technique you will be eligible to win a free set of stamps, worth up to $24.95, from Gina K Designs.


2 comments:

Deborah H said...

This is so beautiful Selma. The designer paper adds a lot of color highlights to the stamped flowers.

Dianna said...

Selma,

Ok, after viewing both of the cards, I myself like the card not stamped on the designer paper. Maybe I am drawn to more intense colors, I'm not sure. But that's not saying I don't like this card, because I do. It is soft and subtle, and very pretty. To me, the image sort of gets lost because of all of the detail in the designer paper. Now maybe if I saw the actual card, I would feel different.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails