Saturday, July 11, 2009

Penny Black cards

Isn't it funny how busy we can get in the summer. After a long winter it is hard to stay in the house. We took off on a little trip this morning to a beautiful area of our state to sight see. We saw lots of beautiful lakes and stopped at a little restaurant in a little tiny town that had the best food. My husband and I never order dessert, but the homemade pie looked so delicious we decided to share a piece. Oh my gosh! Never have we had such good pie. It was a "Four Berry" pie . . . strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry. The crust just melted in your mouth. The name of the restaurant was Granny's Kitchen. It was a very cute little restaurant and the ladies were so sweet. Shortly after we got home, some friends came to town, and asked us to go out to dinner. We were not hungry but went anyway just to visit. I'm telling you all this because I did not have time to work on a card for my blog today. I have been working on a card order though for someone who wants 28 cards all done in Red and White. I decided to just upload a couple of those for you today.










Both these cards are made with Penny Black clear stamps. I'm sorry, I don't even know the name of the sets. I purchased these stamps prior to starting my blog and didn't think I would need to keep track of the name.

These cards are quick and simple. The first one has a Cuttlebug background and the frames were cut with Nesties. The second card has some retired SU designer paper on the background and again, Nesties were used for the frames.















I plan to be out of town with my daughter tomorrow so may not have a new post.





Hope you are having a fun weekend.


7 comments:

Sharon W. said...

What a concidence we have a Granny's Kitchen in Huntsville, Ar. also. Wonder how many are named that, bet you hear from alot of us.lol.Thanks for the story and the cards.

Judy Covey said...

Selma, I absolutely LOVE the first card, of the two you posted yesterday, that is my very favorite. The oval tag at the bottom, is that a Nestie, and if so, does it come punched or did you have to do the punching yourself? Keep up the great work!

A Consuming Passion said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying your summer and some time out and about - these cards can become all consuming!!
Love these cards - Penny Black have some gorgeous sets - it's hard to choose!!!!

Mary Director said...

The pie sounds fabulous, I want a pie now too. LOL The cards really pop, great ideas.

AKiteFlier said...

SUPER cute Selma - can I have some ice cream with my pie please? Thanks!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Both of these cards are so cute. Very basic, but by adding the cuttlebug background, and using the nesties, it adds so much more to the cards. I love them both, and again you have done such a good job. Too bad I wasn't with you to eat your wonderful pie, I had to settle for German Chocolate pie at Peach Tree tonight, and I know it wasn't as good as yours.

Dianna

inkedx2 said...

Selma ~ Your cards are gorgeous. TFS

Robbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails