Monday, August 3, 2009

Bird Call embossed background



Here is another idea using the Cuttlebug "Bird Call" embossing folder as a background. I cut out a scalloped Petite Oval Nestie frame then ran it through the Bird Call embossing folder. I then pierced around the top half the scallops.

The daisies are from Asela's "Flowers For Daisy" set available from Gina K Designs. This is my favorite daisy stamp. I stamped the flower with Black Memento ink then used colored pencils and OMS to color. I used a blend of light blue and purple. I added Crystal Effects to the center of each flower then sprinkled on some micro beads. It gives the flowers some dimension. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the leaves.

The background paper is from SU. The card is 5 1/2 inches square. I cut three strips of the paper and spaced equally across the card. I used a blue marker to add the lines between the strips of paper. The embossed oval was attached using dimensional tape then the flowers were added using the same tape. The leaves were attached with mono adhesive tape. The hardware is from SU.



6 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Oooh Selma - I love this idea - I have this CB folder and use it frequently but I have not cut it out - I love "borrowing" ideas from you - you are SO talented! Did you have a good vacation???

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card. and like Pam said, great idea!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Selma, I love both the cards you've made using these dasies!!! I'm a bit behind with my comments though - having 'Walshie' at home is making a bit of difference to my time alone to do what I like!!!!

Velta said...

This is just beautiful!!! What a great idea...

Payne Holler Cards said...

really lovely card :)
Linda

Fran said...

Great idea for using the Bird Call embossing folder! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails