Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thomas Kinkade Fisherman

I love to learn new techniques. I purchased this Thomas Kinkade stamp, "It Doesn't Get Much Better" from Cornish Heritage Farms Stamps at least a year ago because my son loves to fly fish. I have tried several ways to color it and be happy with it. I was never successful. I was recently in a little stamp store in my area and noticed some finished Kinkade cards. The owner told me they were going to have a class on how to color these stamps. I immediately said that is a class I need. That is where I have been today.

There is not much instruction I can give you on this. It was completed with chalk inks. It took about three hours to complete. There is a lot of blending of colors. I am sure I will get better doing this with some more practice, but for the first card, I think it turned out well enough to post. The whole Kinkade series of stamps are so beautiful. I have the "Make A Wish Cottage" stamp I want to color now. I don't have very many colors in the chalk inks, so need to make a purchase and get lots of colors before I can attempt that one.

What do you think? Have you ever colored any of these stamps? If so, I would love to hear about how you did it. I always love to read your comments.

Have a wonderful weekend.

14 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well that sounds like a fun day, Selma! Your card is beautiful! No, I have never colored a Kinkade stamp but I do have a couple of images that may use the same technique. I DO have many chalk inks can you tell me what tool you used in the ink? Brush? sponge? q-tip? finger? Lol!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting class! I've never heard of coloring these image with chalk inks. I've used chalks, watercoloring, Copic markers and colored pencils. Your card is gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing! I wish we had such things in our area!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

No, I don't have any of those stamps nor do I own any chalk inks - what are those? I do have some of his prints on my walls, I have always loved his work.

Mary Director said...

WOW ... beautiful card. You really did a nice job on coloring it.

craftieodmae said...

wow, sounds like it's way over my head. You learn all you can then come back and teach us. Your card is beautiful!!

Judy Covey said...

Fantastic job Selma. I've never purchased any of the Thomas Kinkade stamps, but have always wanted. I'm a big fan of Thomas Kinkade. Hopefully there will be a workshop in my neighborhood involving coloring/chalking these stamps. Great job as usual!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Job Selma !!

Cherie said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you blended your colors! I'm not sure if I have this stamp or not, but I do have a few of his and they are gorgeous! Hopefully someday I'll be able to have them look as great as yours. TFS!

Sharri said...

Selma, your card is stunning! I do not have any of the kinkade stamps but after seeing this card of yours, I may have to get some - it's gorgeous!

redwasher1 said...

Beautifully done Selma! I have that very stamp but haven't used yet! I might have to try it! I just saw your Granddaughter on your side bar she is gorgeous and I bet you two have a lot of fun!!

Carol said...

Wow! Selma this is just awesome! I love Thomas Kinkade. We have a gallery in our area and I go there and just sigh and drool!.

Dianna said...

Selma,

This card is gorgeous, and how nice that you got to go to the class to learn how to add color to them. I am sure it is a fun technique, but not one that you can finish quickly.

Dianna

AKiteFlier said...

Selma you are a model for our focus this year on self-directed learning!!! What an amazing card this is - I am a huge fan of THomas Kinkaid and I can only image how time consuming this is but you've done a magnificent job, I've never tried chalk inks - only chalks for sponging and I've never attempted something like this - YOU ROCK woman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails