Monday, September 28, 2009

Autumn Wreath

I have been out looking for a beautiful Autumn wreath for my front door. So far I haven't found one I really want. I guess this is what inspired today's card. I used Melanie's "A Year of Leaves" available from Gina K Designs. At first I thought maybe the leaves were a little too big to make a wreath with, but I used a 5 1/2" square card and think it turned out great.

I stamped the leaves on glossy card stock and used sponge daubers to blend a lot of the Autumn leave colors. I also did this with the acorns. I used two circle Nestabilities to create a frame for the wreath. I layered the leaves down both sides tucking each leaf under the one above it. They were attached with a small amount of glue. The acorns were attached with dimensional tape. I decided to try a double bow on this. I wanted it to look full but didn't want it to take over the card. I stamped the greeting, also from this set, on a piece of Vanilla card stock and sponged So Saffron and Really Rust around the edges. It was glued on the back of the wreath.

The top piece of designer paper was a small piece from my scrap paper and the bottom piece is Pumpkin Spice card stock (from Gina K Designs) which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder. A small piece of ribbon was attached across the middle. I ran it through the Xyron sticker machine so it would lay flat. The wreath was attached with some dimensional dots and a few rust colored rhinestones added to finish off the card.



9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Simply gorgeous!! And the way you write it up step by step is great!!!

Melanie said...

amazing the way your colors blend together!

AKiteFlier said...

This is just Scrummy Selma - (scrumptious and yummy) and the perfect card for today's CRISP cool fall weather. Love it - wish I had that set. Maybe one of these days.

Mary G. said...

Oh, Selma, this is stunning! Beautiful colors and your wreath is perfect!! I'd love to have a wreath like that on my front door! Beautifully done!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous! You really are amazing with your coloring on the leaves!

Dianna said...

Selma,

I love the autumn colors in the leaves on this card. They are so beautiful, and rich looking. You did such a nice job blending them.

Gorgeous card.

Dianna

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Sure looks like fall.

Susan said...

This is a lovely card, and I have to say, it is one of the nicest I have seen celebrating Autumn.
The colours are perfect and the double bow works very well.

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Selma! Love the colors and this design. Great idea!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails