Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sarah Kay

Today I had a friend ask me to make a cute card for a three year old girl. I decided to use this cute Sarah Kay "Precious Moments" Stamp. I purchased it from Stamper's Dream. She also wanted the little girl's initial on the card so I used my JustRite DIY Monogram Stamper Kit. I purchase my JustRite products from Joan's Gardens.

The image was stamped with Momento black ink and colored with Copic markers. I added a few sprigs of grass around her feet. The basket is a retired SU stamp. I added some popped up daisies to the basket. A Martha Stewart punch was used for the purple border and a ribbon tied on top of it. The background is a piece of designer paper from my scrap paper box and the top was run through the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder. The monogram was cut out with Petite circle Nestabilities. All images were attached with dimensional tape.

When I delivered the card, my friend was very excited about it. She told me she just wanted a card to give to a little girl to tell her she loves her. How sweet of her.


7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Selma this is So adorable - beautifully colored and just cute as a bug. Love the monogram too - how special for the little girl. Rockin' wonderful as usual!!! Hugs.

Kerrie said...

Selma, what a sweet card, and what a lovely thing for a little girl...

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just the cutest!

Dianna said...

Selma,

What a darling card. I bet that little girl fell in love with the card, and I would guess that she keeps that card forever.

I love everything about this card, and you created a card that every little girl would fall in love with.

Great Job, AGAIN
Dianna

A Consuming Passion said...

Yes this is a gorgeous image and the detail you've added makes for a beautiful card Selma.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this card is just so cute.
I know the little girl will love it. You didn't leave out one little detail and that is what makes your cards so fabulous!

Joan

craftieodmae said...

Oh my goodness, I love this. I can see little Stella going crazy for it,what girl wouldn't! The love of creating shows in this card. You did a wonderful job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails