Thursday, October 1, 2009

You Are Snow Wonderful

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I had a lot going on and did not have time to do much stamping. This morning I got to spend time with my DD. We went over to Idaho to have lunch at a highly recommended restaurant. It was very good, then we spent some time shopping. Always love to spend time with my daughter.

I recently found this cute snowman stamp by Stampington & Company called Heart of Snow in a little shop near me. As I have told you before, I love snowmen so it was impossible not to buy this one. The tag was made with some stamps from a cute set from Our Craft Lounge, "Tweet Winter Wishes". I haven't made any cards with this set yet, but it is so cute and I'm looking forward to using it.

The designer paper is from a Christmas pad I purchased last year from a craft store. The snowman was stamped and colored with Copic markers. Since the background paper is in the brown's, I decided to make the background out of ivory card stock. It was cut out with a petite oval Nestability then mounted on a brown scalloped mat. The border was punched with a SU punch. My DH and DD were disagreeing on what color this border should be. My DD thought it should be the turquoise color. I actually tried that but thought it took away from the overall design so stuck with the brown.

After putting the design together, I thought it would be cute to add some Polar White Flower Soft for the snow. I purchased this from Joan's Gardens. I embossed the vanilla background with the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug embossing folder then added dots of Flower Soft glue to each dot and sprinkled with the Flower Soft so it would look like snow. There is also Flower Soft snow beneath the snowman and on the bottom of the tag.

The tag was cut with a Nestability. It was sponged lightly before removing it. I wanted it mounted so attached it to some brown card stock and just cut around it with scissors. It's not perfect but looks better mounted. I used a brad to attach the brown grosgrain ribbon to the end.


6 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Selma this is truly mojolicious (That's my new word and I'm stickin to it! LOL) just love the "snow" and I, too, am in love with snowmen - I'm trying NOT to look :-) but your project is great - glad you had time with your DD - we don't get enough of that do we?

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well I'm a lovin that snowman! Glad you got to spend time with your DD! Hope you enjoyed Idaho! I know I do! LOL!

A Consuming Passion said...

Very cute Selma - love this ittle snowman!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

same here, who can resist a snowman!!! love your color choices... time with our grown daughters is sometimes so hard to find - glad you had a day!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is one rockin snowman, Selma! I love him!

Dianna said...

Selma,

What a cute snowman card. I love the DP and the snow is so realistic. I like you really like snowmen, and this one is just perfect for the Christmas season.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails