Sunday, February 21, 2010

Congratulations



Hope you having a great weekend.  The sun is shining here, and it looks warm, but actually the temp is still in the 30's.  At least we don't have snow like so many people but I'm anxious for warmer weather.

I thought this little bear from the  "Oh Baby" stamp set from Gina K Designs should be in a frame.  This type of frame is called "Folded Paper Frame" and is very dimensional.  There is a tutorial over on SCS here.

A piece of glittery, double sided,  Martha Stewart dp was used for the frame and the background; also a piece of YoYo yellow cs.   Nestabilities were used for the circles.  The larger circle was embossed with the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss folder.  The bear was stamped on a scrap of dp and cut out.  I used a Copic marker to color his nose, tie, and bottom of his feet.  He is popped up with dimensional tape.  Some flowers from Gina K Designs were colored with a blue Copic marker, popped up with a small piece of dimensional tape, then a small pearl added to the center.  Small pearls were also added to the frame.   The greeting is from the Oh Baby stamp set but was part of a longer verse.  I used a black marker to  color  just the word I wanted and punched it out with a window punch.

Hope you enjoyed this card.  Be sure to stop back by tomorrow to see my card for the TMITA/PCC challenge.  I am going to give you a chance to receive that card!  See details tomorrow.
 

10 comments:

redwasher1 said...

This is so sweet and I love the frame, I will have to go and check that out!! The tutorial that is!!! LOL

craftieodmae said...

How awesome!! Went right over and watched it, so much easier than it looks. You find the neatest ideas!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

same here! popped over to see the toot! your card is adorable!! so clever!!

Corie said...

This is so sweet and adorable!!

Nina said...

OH MY... HOW CUTE IS THIS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue and yellow! I have so many color combo's I love but this one was the color of my bedroom growing up so I hold it close to my heart I guess... sooo cute selma!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely adorable!I'm with Nina... love the color combo!

A Consuming Passion said...

I saw this tutorial over at SCS but saw it first in a card by Donna @ Butternut Sage some time ago.
Your version is very pretty Selma Blue and lemon/yellow is always a winner!

Kerrie said...

OMG ... this is just beautiful, who ever receives will treasure for years....

Cheri said...

This is such an adorable card, Selma. I've got to put this technique on my "to do" list. Love it.

Betty Benton said...

Precious card! I was surprised by how easy this technique is and what a wonderful "wow" factor it gives!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails