Monday, July 5, 2010

BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED plus Tutorial


My card today is made using two JustRite stamp sets:  "Seeds of Kindness" and "Hope".  I wanted my greeting to be in a square but the verse I wanted to use come in a set with round centers and borders.  I first stamped  the frame from the "Hope" set, then using the round clear stamping block, stamped the verse from the "Seeds of Kindness" set in the center of the stamped square.  It is so neat that you can mix and match your stamp sets from JustRite.  I also love that JustRite is coming out with clear blocks to make it easier to see right where you want to stamp.  The image was trimmed using a paper trimmer and the corners punched with a corner rounder.

The design paper is from the Basic Grey "Sugared" paper pad.  A white border was created using the Martha Stewart "Gothic Arches" punch and then embossing the rest of it with the Cuttlebug "Kassies Brocade" embossing folder.  This design paper has roses in it so I decided to create some flowers using crepe paper and the dahlia Nestabilities.  There is a tutorial below.  Leaves from a Sizzix die were placed under the paper roses.  A Martha Stewart punched butterfly was added to complete the card.

Below is a tutorial on how I made the crepe paper roses.


I used a roll of pink crepe paper streamers.  Starting at one end measure the width of the die and then fold crepe paper over so you have 12 layers.  Cut it off the roll.

This picture shows the stack of crepe paper after it has been run through the Cuttlebug.  You can also see the cut out flowers once you discard the outer portion.

You need to separate each layer then stack so petals are staggered.

Use a paper piercer to create a hole in the center.

Put a colored brad through the hole to hold the flower together.


Starting with the very top layer, start pulling the petals up to shape into flower.  Do this with each layer.



This is what the finished flower looks like.

All the products I used can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

19 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Selma, your card is breathtakingly beautiful!! I love all the flowers you do.

Betty Benton said...

I agree with Geri! Your card is beautiful, stunning, absolutely wonderful!

craftieodmae said...

I love all your gorgeous flowers and all you work! Now you know I have got to try these as soon I go and get some streamers LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your flowers are way over the top awesome! Reminds me of the flowers we made in school when I was a kid! Great card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

ok, let me get in the line to buy th streamers LOL..you are amazing! btw, just bought my first Just Rite stamps and linked back to you (since you ARE the enabler (-: heeheeheee) keep 'em coming...
hugs

Payne Holler Cards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

Selma ... you are so clever and these flowers are SO BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for the tutorial and your creation is just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite cards that you have made. FABULOUS!!!

CraftinGranny said...

OMG, this is beautiful Selma and what a fantastic tutorial. I'm off to get crepe paper tomorrow. Thanks so much!
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

GAZ said...

Your card is so beautiful and I love your Blog. Thanks for sharing how to make the crepe paper flowers! I just recently signed up for you blog and look forward to seeing it every day!
Glenda

Velta said...

Selma ~ This is stunning!!! Love your dahlia flowers...gotta try that one...only I don't have that die...must improvise :) Thank you for sharing your creations with us :)

Nana Griffin said...

Another beautiful flower card! thanks for showing us how to make these daisy flowers from the die. I wouldn't have thought of using it that way. I love it!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This card is just beautiful! I made some of those flowers a couple of weeks ago. I used one of the Blossom dies and even one of the scalloped circle dies to do some. My granddaughters had fun making some too.

Cher said...

SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!Thank you so much for the tutorial on making the flowers! This is so truly GORGEOUS! Thanks.

CraftieConnie said...

Wow Selma, I don't have the words to tell you how I am impressed by your cards, your work and those lovely flowers! Thanks ever so much for sharing with us!

Tina said...

GORGEOUS Selma!!! Love the flowers!!!

April said...

This is such a lovely, feminine card! So pretty!

Gloria Westerman said...

CraftinGranny sent me here to see these awesome flowers.....I can't believe I miss these.....well I haven't now huh I love these ....I will have to make some....thank you so much for the awesome tutorial.....

Preeti said...

very pretty flowers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails