Saturday, July 3, 2010

Joan's Garden Challenge Four



Did you see Joan's Gardens Challenge this week?  You can click on this link and see the beautiful sample Joan posted and get all the details about this fun challenge.  It is to create a card/project using a red, white and blue theme celebrating America's birthday and do something with an Embossing Folder such as a Cuttlebug.

I still am not feeling real well so all my mojo is not with me but I wanted to participate in this challenge.  I used three stamp sets from JustRite Stampers; "My Garden", "Hope" and the new "Baroque Nested Frames". The embossing folder I used is a new one I had ordered from Joan called "Kassie's Brocade".  

The frame from the Baroque Nested Frames was stamped using blue ink then the verse from the Hope stamp set stamped at the top.  The morning glory was stamped and colored with Copic markers.  A ribbon was tied around the bottom and a looped bow added.  

Hope you will go over and join in on the fun at Joan's Gardens.  I want to congratulate my stamping buddy Olga Jewell.  Her name was drawn for the prize last week and her  name will be entered into the $100.00 drawing at the end of the year.


Happy 4th of July!

8 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Super card Selma! Hope you get to feeling better soon.
"Hugs" Carol

Betty Benton said...

Sorry you're still feeling puny but you still came up with a great card. Love that ribbon treatment!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super pretty Selma... love the ribbon treatment!Feel better soon!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super pretty Selma... love the ribbon treatment!Feel better soon!

craftieodmae said...

Thanks Selma, I did do the happy dance LOL. Love yor card, that ribbon is supper cool!!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very bright and beautiful card. Love the colors and so appropriate for today. Hope you feel better soon. (And I was happy to put a link to your page on my recent blog post. You deserved the credit.)

Joan Fricker said...

Great card Selma! I love how you did the ribbon and also how you used the JustRite Frame. Very creative!!

Thanks so much for entering Joan's Gardens #4 Challenge!!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Newbie said...

Selma,sorry to hear you are STILL not feeling well! But you still did a beautiful job on this card!! The colors are just right and really show up nicely! Feel better SOON!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails