Friday, October 29, 2010

My Final JUGS Guest Designer Post




It is time for another great JUGS (Just Us Girls) Challenge.  This is my last week as a guest designer and I want to thank the team for inviting me to work with them this month.  This week the challenge is to create a handmade, burnt edged, fabric flower.  The link  provided to learn how to do this here


The bottom portion of my card is a piece of Basic Grey design paper.  On the top portion I added a white piece of card stock that was embossed with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  Across the middle is a border punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  Along the top edge I added a narrow strip of pink card stock.  

I have never heard of a handmade, burnt edged, fabric flower.    I found it very easy to create this flower; it doesn't look exactly like the one on the tutorial but I think it does look like a flower.  You start out with cutting a circle out of synthetic silky fabric and make a few slits around it.  You then use a tea light candle and melt the edges and it is fascinating to watch the cut edges curl and look like real petals.  Isn't it amazing how much this looks like a real rose when all the layers are put together!  I bought several colors of material and plan to make other roses.  I used a Cuttlebug die to cut out the leaves.  I conditioned the card stock to break down the fibers in it so I could shape it then used a stylus to draw in veins. 

This is a birthday card to celebrate Kristin Bueter's birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN.  The greeting is from the JustRite "Birthday Sentiments" stamp set.  It was white embossed on pink card stock and cut out with a Nestie.  A dotted Swiss white bow and liquid white pearls were added to complete the card.

Pop on over to the JUGS Blog to get all the information about this fun challenge and see all the beautiful cards made by the designers.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend.

16 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful and inspiring creation Selma!!! I've printed out the tutorial and will try making some of these next week. Thanks so much for the link. Have a wonderful weekend! "Hugs" Carol

Kerrie said...

Beautful card, now I'm off to give this ago!

A Consuming Passion said...

How beautiful are these flowers! Love your card too Selma so soft and pretty! I'm off to check the link thanks for sharing. x

craftieodmae said...

Selma it is gorgeous and does look like a real flower, my hat is off to you, well done!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are the flower queen GF! This is stunning... so realistic! Have a great weekend... we are having a soggy weekend, great stamping weather!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! I thought your rose was ribbon. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

That truly looks just picked! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OOoooooooo!

Ruth Gray

AKiteFlier said...

Fantastic Selma - your rose looks SO real. It's great - I must go buy more colors of fabrics for sure. LOVE this in pink. You've done a fabulous job with JUGS this month - it's been delightful having you as our guest designer - thank you so much for your inspiration and hard work :-)

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful flower, Selma! I love the way it turned out for you! I used the same leaves (they look so much like rose leaves!). The other elements on your card so also so pretty! Thanks so much for being a great guest designer for Just Us Girls! Loved all your creations!

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Selma--just BEAUTIFUL!!!! TFS

Rosalee said...

Love the card Selma. Such a great design. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Jerri Jimenez said...

Totally stunning flower Selma, I can just see me trying that and burning the house down . . . LOL! I'm such a goof and clutz . . . LOL!

Maria said...

Wow so beautiful! Your flower came out amazing!! Nice job!

Auntie Em said...

So pretty! Love the rose! And I appreciate the tutorial link.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Dana Gustafson said...

This turned out beautfully Selma! I love the soft pink fabric you chose. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful addition to Just Us Girls all month long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails