Thursday, November 18, 2010

Joan's Garden Challenge #24


It's time for another Joan's Garden Challenge.  This week  the challenge is to make a card or project with the following: 
  • Create a Thanksgiving card
  • Use something Fallish such as Leaves, Pumpkins or Indian Corn (if you don't have a stamp use a leaf from your tree
  • Add something  Green
  • Add some kind of swirl or vine
I used the pretty Heartfelt Creations "Rustic Autumn Wheel "PreCut Set.  I think this is such a pretty design.  In case you don't know, this stamp is on sale at Joan's Gardens for 30% off this week. 

I stamped the design on white card stock and colored it with a combination of Copic markers and colored pencils.  I stamped the bottom of the design a second time and cut out the two smaller pumpkins so I could add them with dimensional tape.  For the something green  and the "some kind of vine" I used a new Martha Stewart border punch called Vine.  I love it because it completely cuts out a vine that you can place any where on your card -- not just along the border.  This is also a new punch Joan has in her store.   I wanted to dress up the vine, so punched out some orange vellum flowers with the Martha Stewart punch I use to make my vellum flowers,  and added a small brown bead in the center of each.  Three brown pearls were added  to complete the card.

I hope you will join in on the fun again this week.  There will not be a challenge next week (on Thanksgiving) but the big 25th challenge will be December 2 with that fabulous grand prize Joan has told all of you about.  Go to Joan's blog to get all the information about this challenge and the celebration challenge on Dec 2. 

Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Love your card! The vine goes so nicely with your awesome pumpkins.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is beautiful. This stamp is also one of my favorites and you certainly made it shine! I love what you did with the new Vine Punch. I can see lots of uses for it too. The addition of the pearls gives everything that final touch.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #24 Weekly Challenge. Your card is a great addition!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Myrna said...

Selma
This is an absolutely gorgeous card.
I think I have used something from your site but am not sure.
It is the weaving technique and if you would care to check it out my site is http://whatwasoldisnewagain.blogspot.com
I love your work and thanks for the tuts.
Myrna

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card.

Charlene

Linda W. said...

Love, love, love that card Selma! I had a tough choice in which stamp set to order for the next challenge, guess I should have chosen the pumpkins! Just figures! Happy Thanksgiving dear! Linda

Darlene said...

This is just gorgeous Selma! I love that stamp and you certainly made it come to life!!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is so pretty. I love the coloring and the way you cut out the little flowers and attached to the vine so creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails