Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thinking of You Violets

I thought Spring was on the way but now I'm not sure.  It has been snowing on and off all day long!   Even though it is cold outside, it must be warm enough to melt the snow shortly after it hits the ground.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of all the Spring flowers and one that I love are the violets.  I don't have them in my yard yet, so I decided to create violets with punches.  Below are the punches I used:

Name of punches used:  small ovoid petal;  medium ichyou leaf, small snowflake; medium birch leaf; small sparkle or sun

 This is a 5.5" card.  The background is a deep violet card stock.  The  yellow layer was created using the Martha Stewart "Pansy" border punches.  The white layer was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Victoria" embossing folder.  Five violets were created and attached the the card front. The Flower Book from Joan's Gardens has the directions for creating this pretty little flower. The sentiment is from an older JustRite set called "Thinking of You".  I wanted to use this sentiment because  it matched my punched violets so well.  It was cut out with a  large scalloped Nestability die.  A pretty violet silk bow was added to complete the card.

You can purchase the punches and all the other products in "bold" from Joan's Gardens.

Tomorrow I will be working on a tag for the Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge.  I think you will want to create a tag for this week's challenge.  I'm going to tell you a little secret -- Joan is going to have a wonderful surprise for someone who enters a tag in the challenge this week.  I am sure you won't want to miss out.  Remember you can create any type of tag you want using any stamps or embellishments you want.  It is so easy to enter this challenge.  Hope to see your tag this week.  Tomorrow you can go to Joan's blog and vote for your favorite tag.  The new challenge will begin on Tuesday.


10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Your punched flower cards are beautiful Selma and these violets look so real!!! Perfect choice of JustRite sentiment for your card too and I'm loving the silk bow!
Just found that my nearest craft shop has some of these dies.......so tempted to have a go!

CraftinGranny said...

Another beautiful work of art Selma! Georgous colors and flowers. Thanks for sharing the punches that you used. "Hugs" Carol

Helen said...

What BEAUTIFUL card! I am a visual learner; I appreciate you showed the different punches you use to make your beautiful flowers. Love your blog!

Chrissy said...

Stunning Selma. how do you do this??....make up flowers and things, where does it come from...you are so clever and talented.
They are absolutely gorgeous. Now I have to go buy punches.....hope a tutorial will follow please...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Making Cards With Crafty Sue said...

Selma I just love everything about this card from the way you have made the violets down to the colours you have chosen...a stunning creation and guess what I have all those punches including the Martha Stewart border punch so no prizes for guessing what my next project will be,

Thanks for the shares Susan in Auss

craftieodmae said...

Selma this is beyond gorgeous!!!!

velta said...

My goodness Selma this is beautiful...Those flowers are amazing and look just like little violets! TFS :)

Anonymous said...

WOW again! I just love your card. Especially the violets. So eye catching.
Jackie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You are #1 at making these flowers! They are always gorgeous. This is a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to your blog not long ago and I really enjoy seeing all of your beautiful paper flowers. Today I've been "surfing" through a lot of your old posts and am enjoying more beautiful flower cards like this one. Oh, and just in case you are interested, the Martha Stewart punch around the page set you used on this card is the "Pansy" set and not "Violets". :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails