Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Heartfelt Creations Collection


It is time for a new Heartfelt Creations release.  The Botanical Garden Collection features 5 new precut stamp sets that coordinate with existing Spellbinder dies. The Botanical Garden Collection is a great addition to every floral lover's collection of flowers.

To create my card, I used the "Tropical Floral Swirls PreCut Set" (HCPC 3409).  In order to create dimension to the flowers I used the "Botanical Floral 2 PreCut Set" (HCPC 3407).  The leaves added to the corners, are also from the same stamp set.  The white flourish on each side is from the  Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose collection.  I cut it apart and just added parts to this design.

The Tropical Floral  Swirls  image was stamped on white card stock then cut out with Spellbinders "Labels Twenty One".  Using the broad end of the Copic Sketch marker I traced around the embossed edge to help it stand out.  The image was colored with Copic markers.  The center of the leaves were shaded with new Chalk Pencils I recently received from Joan's Gardens.  This piece was embossed with a new Cheery Lynn embossing plate "Dotted Swiss" XL Embossing Plate (E141).  These plates give a very deep embossed impression.  The extra flowers for the design were white embossed onto lavender card stock.  I used the special card stock Joan has in stock for creating flowers.  This card stock is very easy to shape.   Each flower was water colored using reinkers and a water barrel brush.  The color turned out just the way I wanted by coloring on colored card stock.  I was surprised in the difference between doing it this way and coloring with the same reinkers on white card stock.  You can use the Spellbinder "Rose Creations" dies to cut out these flowers.


I took a picture to show you how I stamp when I have several sizes of the same Heartfelt Creations flowers.  I lined the three sizes up on a clear stamping block and stamped across the page.  The reason I do this, is because it lines all the flowers up in a row to make it easy to cut in strips when you are ready to use the dies to cut them out.  This photo also shows the original light lavender card stock with the white embossed flowers, then a portion of them after they were water colored with reinkers.

A Martha Stewart "Garden Trellis" punched border was placed behind the stamped image.  The pretty background was created with the new Cheery Lynn "Foliage" XL Embossing Plate (E127).  To help the embossed design show up, I used the Tim Holtz blending tool and green "Peeled Paint" Distress ink to sponge over the design.  This card is 5x7".  The embossed piece was cut down to fit this card, then backed with purple card stock and attached to the white card.  The Heartfelt Creations sentiment was stamped and cut out with an oval Nestie, sponged before taking it out of the die, then each scallop pierced.  It was placed under the flowers.  

The top corners needed something, so I decided to add one of the larger flowers to each corner plus leaves from the Botanical Floral 2 set.  A pretty purple silk bow and purple rhinestones were added to complete the card.  

All the products used on this card, including the new Heartfelt Creations     Botanical Garden Collection,  can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.
 

 Be sure to go over to Joan's Gardens to see the complete Heartfelt Creations Botanical Garden Collection and matching Spellbinder dies.


8 comments:

Nana Donna said...

What a beautiful card, love your coloring. I have a couple heartfelt Creations stamp/die sets but haven't use them much. Just learning to color with my Copics
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Selma!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Really beautiful Selma! Think I need me some of that coloured paper!!!! Hope alls well with you and your back is a little better!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hi Selma first of all I do hope you are feeling alot better and on the road to recovery.
This card is just so beautiful , the flowers are very pretty and I love the colours you have used.

Love Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Selma!
Jackie

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh... they just keep getting prettier and prettier... amazing!

redwasher1 said...

Selma, this is so beautiful and such lovely colors!! Hope your feeling better!!!

Bette said...

Selma, you have created another masterpiece! Love your card - colors, flowers, everything! I hope and pray that you are feeling better. My prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails