Monday, July 25, 2011

Pink "Mum"


This is the card I made for you today.  Can you believe it is made with the same flower die as the card below?  The card with the blue flower was posted July 19.


Sweet William card posted here

Both these flowers were made with this Cheery Lynn "Sweet William" die.   There are so many different flowers you can create with a single flower die or punch.

Now I will tell you about all the elements on this card and explain how I created the pink flower.  There is a lot of layering on this card using many of different dies, all available from Joan's Gardens.    I started out by embossing a background using the Marianne Design DS0907 embossing folder.  A piece of pink card stock was glued behind the openings in this piece.  This is a 5.5" square card.  A slightly smaller piece of white card stock was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder which is attached to the top of the card for a background.  I chose this embossing folder to continue the small dots in the Marianne embossed folder.  The Marianne folder was placed on the left side of the card.  The Cheery Lynn "Border Carnivale" (DL129) was placed along the right side.  A Cheery Lynn "Tropical Flourish" (B127) was placed on the right side.  Down in the right lower corner the two small hearts, which fit inside each other,  from the Cheery Lynn "Heartland America Large" die (DL110) was attached.  This die is a large heart doily with a lot of smaller pieces in it that you can use separately --isn't that great!   The leaves are from the Cheery Lynn "Tropical Leaves" (B119) set and the pretty flourish below the flower is from the Marianne (LR-156) die.  I am sure you recognize the ferns - they are from the Martha Stewart "branch" punch.

Now I will tell you how I created the flower.  There are two sizes of  dies in the Cheery Lynn "Sweet William"  (Dl37) package.  I die cut 8 sets of these dies (you can die cut both sizes at the same time if you want).  Pale pink ink was sponged on the tips of all the flowers.  Using scissors, slits were cut from the ends down to the center of each petal.  I think you can see that in the pictures.  Each flower was "conditioned" with the large white tool in the Flower Tool kit and pressed down in the black mat to "cup" them.  I used two of the larger flowers on the bottom and all eight of the small flowers for the center.  Each layer was glued together in the center to form the"mum" -- do you think it looks like a mum?  All die cut pieces were layered as shown on the card.  Here is a side view and hopefully you can see all the slits in the petals to create this type of flower.  


I hope you like my new flower made with this Sweet William die.  As you know, you can purchase all products I use from Joan's Gardens.

2303

15 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Such a gorgeous creation Sylvia and I so appreciate the instructions and details. These dies are just amazing. I really need to get some more. Great new hair do and pic and the glasses are really attractive. "Hugs" Carol

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! Selma, this is one super gorgeous card!! Beautifully done and that flower is stunning!!! Love the new pic.

craftieodmae said...

beautiful, love the flower and all the punched layers!

Sheila - Ginger said...

OH WOW! I didn't think you could top yesterdays card ...but oh yes you can! Lol! Such another STUNNER!
The flower is just sooooooooo gorgeous!!
Forgot to say congratulations on being picked the favourite on SCS...your cetainly my favourite.

Love Sheila xx

Chrissy said...

This is just heavenly...really beautiful Selma.
Love the new picture...all lovely in pink.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous, I see another "case" coming up!!

Anonymous said...

Just had to let you know how much I enjoy your work, Selma. I look forward to your daily email showcasing your lastest creation. Always a delight. Thanks for sharing with us.

AKiteFlier said...

STUNNING Selma - oh my gosh you are the energizer stamper! You keep going and going and going! I was gone to Australia for 3 weeks - haven't stamped in a month. Hard to get back in the groove :-( but your work is just gorgeous!! Chat with you soon.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty....Beverly

Anonymous said...

Another absolutely beautiful card. Spectacular in fact. Everyday is a new amazing creation. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Jackie
Oregon

Cindy said...

Very pretty flower! Lots of nice little details, great card!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! This card is beautiful!! I LOVE that you showed the 2 distinctly different cards/flowers made, both using the same flower die! Oh this flower die I must order from Joan ASAP! Just beautiful! Your imagination just stuns me some days~

Carole

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! So beautiful! Absolute amazing detail. I love everything about this card! I truly have never seen a card more beautiful than this! W.o.W. "." Truly Perfect in every way!
TFS!

Lisa

nan cee said...

You pink mum is gorgeous! One thing I missed in your post is what type of paper you cut the flower from. I have this die and would like to try making one but cardstock seems to be too heavy. If you don't mind sharing your secreat I would like to try it.
Thank you,
Nancy Huntley
nan.cee@att.net

Anonymous said...

such lovely creations ,they are wonderful, just wish I could afford all those dies :)they are beautiful and you really are a wonderful designer .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails