Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pink Poinsettias


I have been busy helping Joan design some new projects for her next workshop and have not posted for a couple of days.   I promised to give you the recipes for some of the Heartfelt Creations cards I created for Joan's Gardens for the new Christmas Cheer Collection, so thought I would start with this one.

I have been wanting a really beautiful poinsettia stamp and was so excited to see that the new Heartfelt Collection "Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set" (HCPC 3415) set has different size poinsettia petals (layers) that can be easily die cut, with the matching Spellbinder Poinsettia die, and layered to create beautiful dimensional poinsettias. You can use the flowers in this set to create your own poinsettia arrangements and/or use them with a lot of the other stamps in the Christmas Cheer Collection.  I know these are stamps you will use year after year.

This is a tri-fold card that will fit into a business size envelope.  The top panel was cut off to show part of the bottom panel and punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.  The panel below was decorated with a piece of design paper from "my" scrap box.  The edges of both the top and lower panel were sponged with pink ink.  On the top flap, the Heartfelt Creations "Poinsettia Border" (1423G) was gold embossed.  The center dimensional poinsettia was created using two of the largest flowers from the "Petite Poinsettia PreCutSet"  and one of the next size down.  The two poinsettias on each side are two of the smallest flowers layered.  These flowers were gold embossed on watercolor paper.  They were colored using watercolors.  The embellishment on the bottom panel is a die cut from the Spellbinders "Twisted Metal Tags and Accents".  To complete the card I glued large gold beads in the center of the flowers and on the accent. 

I had someone ask me which glue I use to attach my flowers.  My favorite glue is Api's "Crafter's Pick".  This is a nice thick glue.  It is the only non-toxic, water-based Super Glue.  It adheres to metals, plastics, glass and more and dries clear.

As you know you can purchase all the products I used from Joan's Gardens.

317982

9 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

So very pretty Selma. Lovely poinsettias. "Hugs" Carol

A Consuming Passion said...

So elegant Selma! Beautiful!

Kerrie said...

Oh so pretty,...gorgeous poinsettias...

Chrissy said...

So very soft, and delicate card Sema, if that makes sense.
Gorgeous.....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Good to see you back again Selma....and your card is just so very, very pretty.

Love Sheila xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Selma... this is so pretty and super elegant! I NEED the poinsettia set!

Betty Benton said...

Love those pink poinsettias, Selma! I've got a large empty container outside and I want to put a poinsettia in it -- they grow beautifully here.

Darlene said...

Oh Selma this is just precious!!!

Anonymous said...

well you got me on this one,, I even clicked on it in splitcoast and did not see that it was one of yours.. it sure is pretty.. I can usually spot yours too..
Joyce

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails