Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gold Poinsettia


Do you ever have a day when you have an idea in your head but it just doesn't work on out paper.  Well that was the kind of day I had with this card.  I wasn't sure I should post it, but in case I don't get another one made today, thought I'd go ahead and post it.

I started off by double embossing the background.  The left side is embossed with the Sizzix "Winter Botanicals (657261) and the right side embossed using only a small portion of the Sizzix "Winter Words" (65738) embossing folder.  I really like these two embossing folders used side by side.   I had a piece of gold colored vellum and thought it would make a beautiful poinsettia.  I used VersaMark ink to stamp the Penny Black "Christmas Pride" poinsettia and embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  This embossing powder has glitter in it.  The poinsettia was stamped three times and cut out so I could layer it.  I usually like to spritz vellum flowers to give them some dimension, but this particular vellum really wanted to curl up tight and I don't feel like I got a very well shaped flower. First time that has happened to me -- the vellum didn't come from Joan's Gardens, maybe that is why it didn't work as well, hee hee. For fillers behind the flower I used Cheery Lynn "Pine Branches" (B146) and Cheery Lynn Holly Flourish" (B148); also pieces from the Sizzix "Festive Greenery" die.  The center of the flower has some small beads added.  To complete the card I added a silk bow. 

All the products in "bold" can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

374175

9 comments:

Glenda said...

I think this turned just fine....beautiful in fact! I love the embossing folders and the embossing on the poinsettia. Gold velum does a good job!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!!!!! What a beautiful card!!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Another fabulous creation Selma.......and I love your Christmas Blog!

Barbara Jay said...

Beautiful!! I think the way the Poinsettia curled makes it look more realistic. And the gold vellum is a bonus.

Lana said...

Wow Selma you say this didn't turn out good!!!! I think you need glasses my friend its gorgeous!!! I love the flower curled like that it makes it more realistic!!
Hugs

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--I'm so glad you did post this beautiful card! I think it turned out to be a wonderful card! TFS

Unknown said...

I think this came out so very nice
love the color of the poinsettia
very pretty card

craftieodmae said...

Selma, this is absolutley gorgeous, not one thing wrong with it!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty! Pure gorgeousness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails