Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another Window Scene


We all love creating cards with the Poppy Stamps "Grand Madison Window" (815) and the "Grand Madison Flower Box" (821).  I have designed this window scene using new stamps Joan's Gardens now carries by "Art Impressions".  The trees are item # (UMF894) and the rocks/grass item # (UMG689).  The trees were colored by coloring directly on the rubber stamp then spritzing lightly before stamping.  The rocks were stamped with Memento black ink and colored with Copic markers. Joan has a lot of different Art Impressions stamps that are great for creating scenes behind this fun window die.  She will be posting these new stamps Sunday.

The window and flower box were die cut using ivory card stock and sponged with "Antique Linen" Distress Ink.  The flower box was attached with dimensional tape over the lower portion of the window.  The greenery I used is the Memory Box "Fauntleroy Crest" (98222) die.  This is a beautiful leafy flourish and I put the middle of this die  cut behind and window box to let the leaves trail along the outside.  I then die cut a second "Fauntleroy Crest" and cut it apart to tuck it in under portions of the other one.  I used tiny flowers from a box of previously punched flowers to add color to the vine.  Stickles was used in the center of each flower.  A few pieces of the Martha Stewart "branch" were tucked in behind the small flowers.  

The design paper I used is from the Kaiser Craft "Lilac Avenue Collection" 6" pack.  The sentiment used is from the JustRite "Starburst Medallion Labels" stamp set.  The butterfly is one of the Cheery Lynn "Mini Butterflies" (DL112).  On the left side I attached three purple buttons.  I decided to add one of  the small punched flowers in the center of each button.  Yellow Stickles was put in the center of each flower.

All the products I use can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

I hope you are having a great weekend.  

I wanted to let you know that the winner of the $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Certificate from the Alumni Blog Hop is DONNA OATS.  Congratulations Donna.

445433 

12 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful card Selma. You work magic with the dies and your beautifully created flowers. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. "Hugs"

Glenda said...

Beautiful!! More of your die magic and those cute little flowers! Hope your weekend is going well!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Another beautiful card Selma, loving the scene behind the window....gorgeous flowers too. I love it when I have the dies you have used because then you don't cost me any money! Lol!

Love Sheila xx

Melissa Czapor said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I just love the colors you used!! You are so talented!! Blessings!!

Elly said...

Lovely card Selma!!

Joan L said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Selma, and I love the scenes you create. One question, what size is your card base? The Grand Window die looks like it's too big for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

Joan L said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Selma, and I love the scenes you create. One question, what size is your card base? The Grand Window die looks like it's too big for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

Joan L said...

Sorry, don't know how it posted twice.

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is beautiful! Love the scene and the colors.

Joan Fricker said...

I love your window scene card Selma. I hope to get the new stamps posted today. They are so fun!

Great job!!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Anonymous said...

beautiful card n lovely placements.conratulations
Amisha

redwasher1 said...

Awesome window scene!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails