Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello Card and a Winner



We have all been having fun working with the Poppy Stamps Madison Window; now    Joan's Gardens also has the new Poppy Stamps Grand Madison Door, Classic Screen Door, Large and Small Madison Window Shutters.  Today I have designed a card using the "Grand Madison Door" (830).  

I'm sure you all remember all the great Heartfelt Creations "Chateau Gate Collection" that was released earlier this year.  Well there are so many wonderful stamps and dies in that collection that will work great with the Poppy Stamps Grand Madison Door.  The die above the door is the Heartfelt Creations "Decorative Chateau Gate Die" (HCD 718).   It actually has a window opening in the die but I just cut that part off and used it for a decorative doorway topper.  The door fits perfectly inside this die.  The decorative trees are from the Heartfelt Creations "Doorway Trimmings Precut Set" (HCPC 3446).  I have a 6-foot spiral cut evergreen on my front porch so thought these trees would be perfect to go with this door.  

For the background for the door, I embossed a piece of  light blue card stock with the Sizzix "Bricked" embossing folder.  I then used Ranger "Weathered Wood" Distress Stain over the bricks which added a little darker blue to portions of the bricks.  Then I went over some of the bricks with the "Picket Fence" Distress Stain to add another dimension of color.  I love using the Distress Stains because they have a sponge top and you just rub them over the card stock to color it.  They are so easy to use.

When you die cut the door, it cuts across the top and the right side of the door so it will open.  You only need to fold down the score line to create an open door.  It is so easy. I used a silver brad for the door knob.  I cut off the prongs of the brad and added it with a rolled up glue dot.  I didn't want the brad prongs to show through to the inside of the card.  I added a piece of design paper from the KaiserCraft "Lullaby Collection" to the back of the door so when you opened it, it would appear to be wallpaper.  I wanted to add an sentiment inside the door so used the JustRite "Fancy Frames" stamp set to stamp "Hello"  and the little flourish under it, then cut it out with one of the Spellbinders "Floral Doily Accent" dies.  This was attached inside the door using ProGlider Adhesive.  The door was glued to the bricked background.  A small strip of dark blue card stock was added along the bottom of the door.  The HFC trees were colored using Copic markers and added with dimensional tape.

As you know, all the products I use can be purchased from Joan's Gardens

Today I promised to announce the winner of the two PunchBunch punches I used in my blog post last Saturday.  The winner is #19.  CONGRATULATIONS TO  

Blogger CraftinGranny said...
Oh Selma, another gorgeous creation with beautiful flowers. It kind of reminds me of a Chrysanthemum but I'm sure no expert on flowers. Thanks for the great tutorial. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. "Hugs"
Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:10:00 PM PDT
 Delete
Carol please contact Joan to verify your address.  

It was so much fun to read all your comments about the yellow flowers.  When I created the flowers, I thought I was creating "Marigolds" but they could have been any of the flowers you suggested.  Isn't it great all the varieties of flowers you can create with your punches.  Thank you for all the wonderful comments about my work.  I always love to hear from you.

495016

10 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

What a cute idea! I love it. Your card is both creative and beautiful.

Mrs. Swandog said...

Love love this die...Your card is fab!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. TFS.

Glenda said...

This is such a great card. I love how you incorporated the use of the HC die and stamps!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh I love thhe way you have done this card Selma....such a wonderful and clever idea too.

Love Sheila xx

PS. Many congratulatons to the winner of the punches and many thanks Selma for your kindness of offering them in a prize.

Lou said...

This one is really cute,esp door
opening 2 have such a cute greeting
Can You see sending this for a get well, to a woman with like Superman
there as U open the door, saying
"come fly w/me" Ah sorry well, just
thought that could make a funny!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally cool! LOVE the door!

April said...

I love this card. A wonderful idea! I also love the card below. You always do great work!

Colleen said...

What a great card and such a creative idea.
Congratulations to CraftinGranny on the winning of the punches.
ColleenB.

Sarah said...

Selma, your card is beautiful! I love how you've added the sentiment on that lovely die cut. Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails