Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wishing You A Wonderful Christmas


I have been helping my daughter with a craft project she is sending to one of her friends, but  I managed to squeeze in time for a new card today.  I wanted to use this beautiful Penny Black sentiment stamp for the front of my card.  The pretty poinsettia was created with the Poppy Stamps "Blooming Poinsettia" die.  Before shaping and putting the flower together, I stamped each piece with a retired Heartfelt Creations "Silent Night" background stamp, using Encore Metallic Silver ink.  I love the words stamped on the petals.  Behind the poinsettia I added a few Cheery Lynn "Holly Leaves" and one of the Impression Obsession "Pine Branches".  Below the embossed frame is the Spellbinders "Parisian Accents" border.  Along the top of the card is the Memory Box "Frosty Border".  Red Kaiser Craft pearls were added to complete the front of the card.


On the inside of this card I wanted to have a 3-D scene.  The background was covered with design paper from the "Authentique Wonder" paper pad.  The "Town Scape" was die cut using Tim Holtz  die.  Along the bottom I used the Cheery Lynn "Border Carnivale" border.  The pop up die I used is the Tim Holtz Sizzix "Zig Zag 3-D Pop-Up" die.  On the pop up tabs I added the Marianne Design "Sleigh" and "Reindeer".  I added a small Kaiser Craft red pearl to "Rudolph".   Behind the sleigh are three Marianne Design "Trees".  Polar White Flower Soft was added to create a snowy scene.  

I love creating pop-up cards using the Sizzix pop-up dies.  People are always thrilled to see the "unexpected" pop-up design.


Front of card:
Memory Box "Frosty Border" (98171)
Penny Black "A Wonderful Christmas" (4116H)
Poppy Stamps "Blooming Poinsettia (861)
Encore Metallic Silver Pad
Cheery Lynn "Holly Leaves" (B183)
Impression Obsession "Pine Branch" (DIE021-N)
Spellbinders "Parisian Accents" dies (S5-034)
Kaiser Craft Pearls

Inside:
Tim Holtz Sizzix "Zig Zag 3-D Pop-up" die
Tim Holtz "Town Scape" die
Cherry Lynn "Border Carnivale" (DL129)
Marianne Design "Tree" (LR0176)
Marianne Design "Sleigh" (LR0178)
Marianne Design "Reindeer" (LR0179)
Authentique "Wonder" Design Pad
Flower Soft - Polar White

819879

20 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Amazing -- inside and out. That sentiment stamp has a beautiful font!

KelliJo said...

had to come to your blog and leave love too!!! This is ABSOLUTELY Mind Boggling BEAUTIFUL!!!! All those dies put together so perfectly... and I ADORE the stamped petals... makes them POP with elegance!!!!

May said...

Simply Stunning work... Hugs May x x x

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely stunning Selma....you always manage to hit the mark!Love the font on the stamp too.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

I love how you use all the dies to create such a beautiful piece! Gorgeous inside and outside and all around!

Francie in Montreal said...

What a stunning creation! The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. You knocked my socks off with this card.

Rita said...

Selma, never in my life have I seen anything like this. In fact there is no word to describe it. You really do make the most Wonderful cards. Hugs Rita xxx

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME!So very pretty,love your work,love following you...

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. I love all your work. This is gorgeous. Hugs, Linda

craftieodmae said...

I'm speechless, this is so gorgeous!!!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Selma, love the colors and the inside is awesome! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful!!! Amazing card. You never cease to amaze me!!!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This card is classically elegant and beautiful on the outside and a real stunner when it is opened.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is just gorgeous Selma! TFS with us all!

Mihaela said...

So cute cards, Selma!

Darlene said...

Oh Selma this is just gorgeous! I love the TRADITIONAL colors and of course your poinsettia is PERFECT! What a beautiful card ... sure to put a big smile on the face of the recipient! Happy Holidays my friend!

Anonymous said...

Your work is so beautiful and creative. God has given you an awesome talent. Thank you for sharing.
Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year
Linda Cruse

Memaw said...

Selma,

This a beautiful card as was the one yesterday-Your talant in creating is so phenomenal. I am always in awe of you. Thanks so much for sharing
Judy

Inger Harding said...

Wowwww this is amazing and sooo gorgeous!!!
Stunning work!

♥ Hugs, Inger

April said...

This card is just over the top! Love everything about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails