Monday, March 3, 2014

Susan's Garden Jumping Jacks


I always smile when I see Jumping Jacks.  Today I have designed a card using the crepe paper Jumping Jacks I posted yesterday, using Susan's Garden Pansy/Violet dies.   To show off these cute little flowers, I have used Marianne Design dies for the background.  I always love to design using Marianne Design dies and wanted to let you know you can purchase them from  Ellen Hutson, LLC.
 
This is a 6"x6" card.  I embossed a slightly smaller piece of card stock and over it placed two die cut Marianne Design, Anja's Delicate Corners. These corner die cut so the corner is attached to a larger piece of card stock, but I cut around the bottom edge  of the corner (which is embossed so it is easy to cut off) to place it over the embossed background.  Along the bottom of the card I added the die cut Marianne Design, Anja's Edge.  To bring out the purple, I backed the delicate openings with a piece of the purple crepe paper.   For stems for the Jumping Jacks, I used two Impression Obsession grass die cuts.  The grass on this die cut is very tall and works great for flower stems.  The bottom of the grass was tucked down under the  Anja's Edge then the Jumping Jacks attached to the grass with small glue dots.  The leaves were glued under the flowers.   Along the bottom I added a piece of Webster's Pages green trim. 

The following products can be purchased from Ellen Hutson, LLC:


1116285

18 comments:

Anneke said...

So cute so sweet. Love how you have used the Marianne dies. Thanks for sharing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

craftieodmae said...

gorgoeus, I love those flowers too!!!!!

craftieodmae said...

opps, gorgeous, my fingers go to fast some times LOL

Rita said...

Beautiful card Selma. No one makes flowers quite like you. I learned so much from you over the years and your tutorials are always so helpful. So a big Thanks for that my friend. Hugs Rita xxx

Eva van Buuren said...

You let me smile, Selma!
What a BEAUTY! What a wonderful card!
I love the flowers, I love the colors!
Beautiful. how you used the Marianne dies.
Thank you for sharing.
Big hugs, Eva.

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful, I always enjoy your cards.

Ms said...

what a stunning card.... this is just gorgeous... thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity

Antoinette Voorn said...

Let spring come in with this awesome card I love it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! Cute little flowers!

ileana-carmen said...

Very beautiful card, the flowers are so real.

Bonnie Weiss said...

You smile at jumping jacks and I smile when I see your posts. Your flowers are always a breath of fresh air and this card is no exception.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, Oh, I am so ready for Spring and this gorgeous creation almost gets me there!!!

Jan Castle said...

Woo Hoo....Spring is here in your lovely card! Thanks for sharing Selma!!!
Jan

Anonymous said...

Oh Selma, that is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the jumping jacks or as I know them here in Amish Country - Johnny Jump-ups. lol

Hugs,
Debi

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma, your card is beautiful, could you tell me if the crepe paper is available in the uk.

With thanks Margaret.

Selma said...

I do not know where you can purchase crepe paper in the UK. I wonder if someone from the UK could answer this question for Margaret.

Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com) said...

exquisite. flowers are your calling.

Shirley said...

Your Pansies are lovely and I really like the design you created with the different dies too! The ribbon along the bottom is the perfect embellishment too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails