Friday, September 12, 2014

Ice Skates Tag

 I seldom join in on a challenge, but Sizzix has a challenge I thought would be fun.  You can see the "Take The Sizzix Challenge!" at this LINK. You can create any Sizzix craft project such as cards, bags, or boxes, to enter.  I decided to create a Christmas Tag using three different Sizzix dies.

Take The Sizzix Challenge!
This is a picture you are to use for inspiration.

In this picture, the first thing I noticed is there are flowers with baby's breath, and water in the bulbs.  What came to my mind  was to create a poinsettia, use snowflakes, and use Tim Holtz Ice Skates (instead of water, I thought of ice).   

I used a large tan tag and sponged Tea Dye Distress Ink around the edges.  My very favorite poinsettia is, of course, the Sizzix, Susan's Garden Poinsettia.  To create a "vintage" looking flower,  I die cut the petals with classic cream card stock then used Goose Bumps on the petals. To give it a pinkish color, I lightly sponged on Barn Door Red Distress Ink.  Punched snowflakes were used instead of baby's breath. The Sizzix Ice Skates were die cut using Tim Holtz Grunge Board. They were painted with Picket Fence, Walnut Stain, and Brushed Pewter Distress Stain. The three Pine Cones were created with the Sizzix Tattered Pinecone die

I hope you like my project today.  I sure had fun creating it.
 
You can purchase the following products from Ellen Hutson, LLC:


1204888

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really pretty.

Shari

jasann said...

Love this tag, I made a similar Christmas card last year and was thinking of making another for this year, thanks for sharing.

Stamps and Paper said...

Selma your tag is stunning great colours and beautifully embellished

Anne

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, Love this! The ice skates look so real. Beautiful tag!

Anonymous said...

Selma I really like this ice skating tag, and the light bulb idea is unique, beautiful, and very creative. GREAT JOB!

Pat

Grace Baxter said...

I'm crazy for anything that features ice skates. I love your pretty skate tag!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful, have a fantastic weekend!!!!

Martie Rollin said...

Love the dimensional features on this holiday tag! So beautifully crafted! I've just purchased my first poinsettia dies...can't wait to get into making Christmas stuff!

Leanne ... said...

Loving the ice skate tag. Great job Selma.
Hugs....Leanne

Eva van Buuren said...

Oh Selma, what a GORGEOUS Tag!!
It all seems like sooooooo real, I love it!
Hugs, Eva.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails