Sunday, February 22, 2015

Step Card with Shimmer Sheetz Grid and Mini Roses


 Have you seen all the new products by Susan Tierney-Cockburn at Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD)?  I have shown you projects I created with her Country Scapes, Garden Notes, and Susan Garden Flowers, and today want to show you a card created with her Garden Patch Dies.

  This is a picture of the Garden Patch -1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses dies.  In each of the Garden Patch series you receive the grid,(which you can use just the frame, the die cut squares, or both,) plus you receive flower/leaf dies.  All the flowers in this series are small and fit so well on the grid or of course, you can just use the flowers on other projects.  


For my card today i created a Step Card.  I die cut the grid die using black card stock.  I only wanted to use the black frame then used the grid die again to die cut the squares out of the Elizabeth  Craft Designs Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.  I used the ECD Spring Leaves embossing folder to give texture to the squares.  The frame and squares were glued to the front panel of the step card. 

The Shimmer Sheetz are so pretty I didn't want to waste any of the "scraps" so I cut narrow strips to decorate the side and bottom panels of the card.  Black pearls were added to coordinate with the black frame.  I love the look of the Shimmer Sheetz, don't you!

The cute little roses from this die set were die cut using white card stock.  The base of each petal was sponged with Milled Lavender Distress Ink then shaped with Susan's Garden Tools.  I had some metallic cord in my stash and used that behind the roses.  I wanted to help the roses stand out more, so added more greenery behind the pretty little roses. I used Susan's Garden Anemone die set to die cut the larger leaves placed behind the roses.  (I love these leaves and bet I use them a lot for fillers around other flowers.)  The little rose leaves were sponged a darker green and were glued in behind the roses.

I used the ECD Happy Birthday die for the sentiment.  I die cut it using white card stock to help make it stand out on the background.

 Now I have shown you some of each of the new products in the Susan's Garden line. Are you excited to have all the new smaller flowers to create along with the grids and sentiments?

Here are the products from Elizabeth Craft Designs used today:



3 comments:

Rita said...

What a stunning card Selma. I love the colours so much. Hugs Rita xxx

Glenda said...

Beautiful card girl! Of course I love your lavender roses!

Eva van Buuren said...

What a beautiful card, Selma!
I love the colors and I like the using of Shimmer Sheetz. Your roses are wonderful Selma, such always.
Hugs, Eva.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails