Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Easel Card with Coneflowers


Today I had fun creating Susan's Garden new Coneflowers for a Birthday Easel card.  

 This is a picture I found on the Internet with a variety of Coneflowers.  I chose to create the pink one in the foreground with the orange stamen.


Susan's Garden - Coneflower dies were used to create the flowers.  I used pink card stock for the petals and used a bright pink marker (which doesn't show up well in my photo) to create the lines on the petals. 


 The stamen, from Susan's dies, was die cut using orange card stock.  Each stamen point was cut in half to make them very thin.  I used a brown marker to color most of the stamen; coloring to leave the tips orange.  Next I added tiny dots of glue to all the points and dipped the stamen in Susan's Orange Pollen.  My stamens don't look exactly the same, but I think they turned out pretty realistic.

 This is a 6"x6" Easel Card.  I used a piece of design paper from an old design paper pad for the background.  The Coneflowers were attached to the ECD, Tags & More 6 - Daisy tag.  The tag was attached with dimensional glue dots.  On the front of the tag I added an embossed piece of white card stock; I used the ECD Swirly Curves Embossing Folder.  

On the bottom of the easel card I cut a piece of white card stock slightly smaller, then used the ECD, Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper die to cut the stand up sentiment to hold up the easel portion of the card when it is open.  A black strip of card stock was glued to the bottom of the top panel to help the sentiment show up well.  That Happy Birthday sentiment will lay flat when you close the card.  Additional black strips and a strip of the design paper were added to that bottom panel that the sentiment is die cut. A pearl flourish was added to complete the card.
 
The following products can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:


5 comments:

Glenda said...

These are so unusual and beautiful! I love the colors!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, this is fantastic!

Joset said...

Selma this card is absolutely beautiful! Love the combination of all the different dies you used. Really stunning!!

Eva van Buuren said...

This is a GREAT card, Selma!!
Wonderful flowers and a fantastic color combination!!
I love this card, Eva.

Dobra said...

Very lovely work.
Looks great,
I really like it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails