Saturday, March 14, 2015

Garden Notes Peony


Peonies are one of my favorite flowers.   The new Susan's Garden Notes - Peony dies are just the perfect size for cards.  Today I created a 6"x6" card with layers of design paper from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea 6x6 pad.  I watched Susan's Peony video at this LINK and followed her instructions for completing the flower. As Susan states on the video, there are several different types of peony.  I created one that does not have the yellow stamen.  I die cut  white petals and used two shades of pink markers to color the them.  A darker pink was used for the center petals and the bud.  

The sentiment I used is one of Susan's new stamps; it is the" Let Us Be Grateful" stamp.  It was stamped using green ink then cut around with scissors.  A backing was cut and attached with dimensional tape.  The Elizabeth Craft Designs "Small Butterfly" was die cut using purple card stock.  A narrow piece of lace was added under the middle strip of design paper.  I used the Zutter Distrezz-it-All tool to distress the edges of the design paper.  Pearls were added to complete the card.


 Here is a close up of the flower.

All the Elizabeth Craft Design products used are listed below:

996 - Garden Notes - Peony
RS005 - Let Us Be Grateful stamp
713 - Small Butterfly
808 - Susan's 4pc All Metal Tool Set
809 - Mini Molding Pad

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Peonies are one of my favorite flowers, and the one you made is gorgeous! What a wonderful card.

Glenda said...

I have peonies in my garden and love them so very much. I followed your link for the die and I have to tell you they should have used your flower instead of the one they used. Yours is so lifelike and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Selma you always create the most real looking flowers. Looks like this flower came from the garden. This is a beautiful card and I love the sentiment too.

Hugs,
Sheila

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

The flower is gorgeous too!

Martie Rollin said...

I do like the size of this flower. Peonies are such a dramatic embellishment to add to a card. Lovely coloring! Thanks for posting this delightful card.

Susan said...

My peonies will be coming up soon...nice to see them in paper now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails