Monday, April 18, 2016

No Winter Lasts Forever

SGDT-4-18-2016
Good Morning. Today I have the card I designed for my Susan's Garden Design Team Blog Post for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

This card was designed using Susan's CountryScape dies.  When working with the CountryScapes dies, you can be so creative designing different scenes.   There has been some very terrible weather in our country this past year and it is nice to know that “No Winter lasts forever . . . No Spring skips its turn”.   It always makes me so happy to see the trees, shrubs and flowers come to life with glorious color.
This is how I created this scene:
  1.  Use one of the Els van de Burgt Studio Wood Series, Through The Lens Patterned Cardstock, of your choice, for the background.  The piece I chose showed a gap between the wood slats, with a rail at the bottom.  I used a craft knife to cut along the top and bottom edge of that rail.  I wanted it to look like the rose-bush was coming through the gap in the fence; however with the grass and flowers at the bottom, this doesn’t show very well.
  2. Die cut three CountryScapes Flora 5 vines.  The bottom of the vines were slipped behind the fence rail.
  3. Die cut as many flower pieces and leaves, as you would like, using the spiral flower die from the CountryScapes Flora 5 die set.  I used two of the vine die cuts facing to the left and one I turned backwards to face to the right.  Glue the leaves and tiny roses on the branches of the vine.
  4. Use the CountryScapes Cloud & Grass die set to die cut two grass borders.  Use the Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors to cut between each blade of grass to make thin grass blades. Glue to the bottom of the Patterned Cardstock.
  5. Use the CountryScapes Garden Edges Daffodil die to create the flower border.  I cut the daffodils apart and glued them down behind the grass.
  6. Use the CountryScapes Critters 3 die set to die cut the Cocker Spaniel dog.  I used Tea Dye and Antique Linen Distress Inks to sponge on color.  Attach with dimensional glue dots on the lower left side.
  7. Use Susan’s Seeds of Thought Winter Spring rubber stamp for the sentiment.  I used black VersaMark ink.  Die cut the sentiment using the smallest die from the Stitched Ovals die set.  Before removing from the die, sponge on Tea Dye Distress Ink.
  8. Use Garden Notes Bug &  Butterflies die set and die cut several butterflies.  Sponge on yellow and rust ink.  Attach with small glue dots.
I can almost smell those pretty little roses!
Supplies:

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card my friend. I always love to come visit and I'm always inspired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails