Thursday, May 14, 2009

Black and White Daisies

The Color Challenge this week on StampTV is Black/White/Red. I decided to use the set by Asela "Flowers For Daisy" available from GinaK Designs. I used a Cut & Tuck template to create the design on the left side. (You cut the "V" shaped lines then fold down every other one.) It was cut into Basic Black cardstock. The base of the card is Whisper White which brings out the black and white. I stamped the flowers then cut out the vase of daisies because the whole stamp didn't fit in the remaining space. I used Nestabilities for the frames and ran the white piece through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. The flowers are on dimensionals. I used Crystal Effects to make the vase look like it is holding water. Pearls and a strip of sticker tape were added to finish off the card.

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

What a dramatic look to your card Selma I really like the effect of the punch and fold down.
Just a touch of red makes a statement too.
Have a Good week-end. Sue x

redwasher1 said...

Selma this card just pops! The first thing I said was wow this is really cool! Love how you did that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails