Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Journey



This is day three of the Gina K Design June Release. Two more new sets are being previewed so I know you will want to check them all out. I am very excited to be a part of the Center Stage Spotlight Design team this month. The set I am previewing is "The Journey" by Asela Hopkins. She always designs such fabulous sets. This set has a total of 12 coordinating images and greetings. I couldn't decide which card to preview, so I am previewing two today.

My first card uses two of the images from this set. The door was stamped, using black Memento ink on Gina's Pure Luxury White card stock. I used Copic markers and chalk to color. Label Four Nestabilities was used to cut a frame in a piece of Sage Shadow cardstock. The verse, which is part of this set, was stamped in black at the top. The children were stamped and colored with Copic Markers then cut out. The grass from this set was stamped on the bottom below the frame. The frame is on dimensionals and placed over the door. The children were place on the outside to appear approaching the friends house. A piece of Basic Grey designer paper was placed on the left side of the card then a piece of paper lace used along the side of the frame. To finish the card, flowers were added as well as some pearls. Now, for the next card.





My second card is also from this set. The chair and verse were embossed with Detail White embossing powder, which is available from Gina. Baja Breeze and white card stock were used for the frames cut with Petite Oval Nestabilities.The flower is also from Gina K Designs and was colored with reinkers. Small rhinestones were added for a little bling.

Don't miss the rest of the previews by Gina and the other Design Team members. Pam Imholz, another Center Stage Spotlight Designer, is also previewing a beautiful set. Be sure to visit each of the following blogs.


Gina, Carolyn, Cathy, Cindy, Donna, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Joanne, Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa
Another CenterStage Spotlight Design Team member Pam Imholz is joining us this morning with previews as well!

19 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Thud! That first card takes my breath away! The second is truly gorgeous, too!

Becky said...

This is lovely, love the colors.

Carolina said...

Such beautiful cards Selma!!! Love your take on both sets.

Lee said...

Wow Selma!! That cut thru scene with the kids is amazing!!!!!! The white chair is also beautiful!

Cathy said...

Selma, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first card with the door, the beautiful cut out with the boy and girl, Awesome!!! Your other card it beautiful too.

Lynn Mercurio said...

SQUEL...Selma both of these creations are drop dead gorgeous. I love the opening to the door using the nestie...brilliant.

And your colors on your chair project is just fantastic.

Dawn said...

omword! just LOVE the cleverness of that Journey card!! both cards are beautiful...job Well Done!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh my goodness Selma! That first card is just rocking!! LOVE how you did the cut out and the coloring rocks! Love the chair stamped in white like that, beautiful soft card!

Carla S. said...

OMGosh, Selma! Your cards are outstanding! Amazing coloring on the first one - love how you combined the images and the details you added! Love the white chair with the papers you chose on the second one!

Carolyn King said...

AWESOME---love that cut out in the first card...clever!

Beautiful colors and design on the second too!!! Way to go!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Sooo beautiful, Selma! Love the way you combined the two images on the first card, and the lovely monochromatic color scheme on the second! Fantastic job!

emilymomto3boys said...

Those are both lovely cards!! I think the second is my favorite - such softness!

Donna Baker said...

I love the scene you created on your first card with the house peeking through the label 4 die! your 2nd card is lovely too and I love the notebook you made with Arranged with Love yesterday! great job, Selma! see ya tonight at the party!

Lori said...

ooooh, looks great w/ the pearls!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Selma these are beautiful girl! I love the window to the door!!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Well, just when I thought there is no way Selma can make another card to improve upon any of her previous ones, outcomes "The Journey" Wow, you just knocked me off of my KEESTER. This card is just precious, and the verse says so much. Wonderful, fantastic, awesome job.....

Dianna

Oh and the Sit A While, is cute to, but The Journey just captivated me.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, oh my goodness these cards are beautiful! I love your cut out and I just love everything about it!

Great job!!!

Joan

Brenda said...

Fantastic cards Selma. You rocked as a guest designer for Gina K this month, I have loved all of your cards.

AKiteFlier said...

Selma, Selma, Selma - talk about FANTASTIC - I LOVE the newest one you came up with and, of course, I love the other one too! Hmmm - wanna share your set with me *tee hee*

You have done an OUTSTANDING job as a CSS DT member and it has been a blast working with you.

HUGS n SMILES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails