Saturday, July 4, 2009

Toile Blossoms



HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

This is a card I made several months ago, before starting my blog. It is a card I like so thought I would add it today since I don't have time to make another card today. To create the back panel, I used my ScorPal to create the grid then layered ScoreTape over the score lines. I poured gold embossing powder over it and the embossing powder stuck to the tape. I then heat embossed it. I used Classic Nestabilities to create the three frames and my Cuttlebug to emboss the two pink layers. A Martha Stewart punch was used for the border. The SU (retired) Toile Blossoms were stamped with Basic Black ink and colored with Colored Pencils and OMS. They were pieced along the side of the frame. The Verse is from Gina's "Elegant Flowers" and cut out with petite oval Nesties.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday. We are having a family gathering then going to the stadium to watch the fireworks show this evening.


8 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Gorgeous Card Selma - love the grid background!

Joan Fricker said...

Absolutely stunning Selma! wow you are so good.
Joan

Oma said...

This card is beautiful Selma! So elegant!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Have I seen this card before, when I was visiting you? If so, it is as beautiful as the first time I saw it. You never let me down because you always come up with the most beautiful creations.

Dianna

paradise45 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, and elegant...I love it!!!

Brenda said...

So pretty!!

Judy Covey said...

Selma, your Toile Blossoms card is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you embossed the lines made with the ScorePal, great idea and something that I plan on trying. Your card has a lot of elements, each one so very elegant. Love everything about this card, and basically all the cards that you make.

AKiteFlier said...

Mmmmm gorgeous - love all the detail work in this one. Toile blossoms is still one of my faves! You made me want to get it out again but I'm going to the gym instead LOL. Glad you had a good 4th.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails