Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sunflower


Tonight I am posting a card I made for another StampTV challenge. Theresa's color challenge is to use Brown, Ivory, and Yellow. I used the sunflower from Theresa's Autumn Beauty Stamp set, available from Gina K Designs.

The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Bittersweet Paper Pad. It is layered onto a piece of So Saffron card stock and the base card is Ivory. The sunflower was stamped on Ivory card stock with Vivid Coffee Bean ink and colored with Copic Markers. I tried to keep the colors soft to match the color in the designer paper. The mats were cut with Classic Oval Nestabilities. The colors are Chocolate Kiss, from Gina K Designs, and So Saffron. Each level is on dimensional tape. The salutation is also from the Autumn Beauty stamp set. It was stamped with Coffee Bean ink and punched out with the SU Window Punch. A brown bow and some Saffron colored pearls were added to complete the card.

Hope you all joined in on the "A Year of Leaves" Blog Hop last night. There are so many beautiful cards showcased. I want to thank all of you who took the time to leave me such wonderful comments on my card. You are all so sweet. You made my day!

4 comments:

Seongsook Duncan said...

Selma, this is beautiful. Thanks for describing how you made it. Very helpful.

Kerrie said...

What a gorgeous card, you dp is just perfect.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just sooooo perfect! Your subtle color on your flower matches like no other!

Dianna said...

Hi Selma,

Wow, I love this card. The designer paper just really makes this card POP. I hate using that phrase but it describes it well to me. You still just amaze me with all of the wonderful ideas you come up with.....you never are at a loss it seems, to create something spectacular.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails