Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oh Baby



This is a card I made for the Gina K Guest Designer Challenge.  I created  it using  the stamp set "Oh Baby" and two of her new Spring Assortment Pure Luxury Card Stock colors  Lovely Lavender and Innocent Pink.  The rocking horse was stamped on dp and cut cut.  The lavender background has a pretty MS punched border then the top portion was embossed with the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss embossing folder.  The bottom pink cs was embossed using the Cuttlebug Baby embossing folder.  Two MS lacy borders were punched for each side.  There is a piece of lavender cs under the design so it shows through the lacy side borders.  A scalloped oval Nestability frame was cut then each scallop pierced.  This piece was attached with dimensional tape.  The rocking horse was attached with double sided tape.  A piece of Gina K's ginham ribbon was added to the top then small pearls were added to complete the card.

I really appreciate you stopping by.  Have a great day!


12 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable card, Selma. Love the ricking horse!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous!!! I love those border punches! Punches and embossing folders, 2 things that is a must have! Good luck with the challenge!!

redwasher1 said...

Oh! This is so pretty and I just love all soft colors! I just did a card using this same set!! Still on the same wave length!! LOL

Jennie said...

This is so soft and pretty Selma! LOVE the colors and the embossing you did.

AKiteFlier said...

This is beyond cute Selma - this is elegant - love all the elements you used and all the textures. A very enticing card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another work of art my friend!

Michelle said...

Oh Selma this is so sweet! I love all the detail, the border punch and the embossing. Colour combo works so well. Well done!

Dianna said...

Selma,

Oh such a sweet card for a new baby girl.

My niece just had a baby girl on Valentines Day, and I am going to do my best to try and use some of the ideas you gave me for my card.

Great job as usual.

Dianna

Kerrie said...

Selma, just adorable.... love the embossing folder used. ....

CraftinGranny said...

Pretty in pastels!! Love all the details you've added to the card that makes it so pleasing to the eye. Great choice to textures that work well together.
"Hugs" Granny

Janet said...

A truly beautiful baby card! It contains all the elements I love to see. I especially like the embossing and lacy borders and the rocking horse image is so sweet.

Btty Benton said...

Precious card, Selma! You did everything right!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails