Saturday, June 19, 2010

Eight Drawer Box









This is an eight drawer box.  The drawers are made with Navy card stock.   The top was covered with a sheet of 6x6 Webster's Pages.  The 6x6 cardboard on the back of two different Webster Pages pads were used for the top and bottom.  The design paper was attached with ScorTape.  There are four boxes on the bottom row and four boxes on the upper row; two boxes on each side.   Gold buttons are added for knobs.  One of the stamps from the JustRite "Loving Thoughts" set was stamped and cut out with an Oval Nestie.  Blue vellum flowers were added along with some black flourishes from BossKut.  A Martha Stewart butterfly was added.  

You can purchase the Websters Pages, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Punch, Vellum, Pearls, ScorTape and JustRite Stamps  from Joan's Gardens.

I believe this project qualifies for Joan's Garden Thursday Challenge.  My box is vintage and I used a Spellbinder Nestability.  Have you joined in on the challenge?  Check it out here.

Additional pictures:

This is one of the drawers before taping up sides.  I used ScorTape to hold them together.



This is how the four drawers were place on the 6x6 base.  ScoreTape was used to attach them to the base.  There are two rows of drawers.

15 comments:

Dianna said...

Hi Selma,

I love this box. It just amazes me all of the wonderful things you can create by just using card stock and a few other supplies. This box is just adorable.

Dianna

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Selma, This box is just beautiful!! I have not seen a template for one using two layers of drawers as you have put them. Could you tell me from which Websters Pages paper pad, this particular page came from? I love it.

Kerrie said...

Wow..... you have taken my breath away.... you are so talented, what a wonderful box.

craftieodmae said...

I have always wondered how they made these! This is amazing, and yours is gorgeous!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, what a great idea. Wow, I never thought about putting drawers in a box. Great idea and great job!!!!!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, this is adorable! You are such a talented lady! Just love all the ideas you come up with. Love the colors too! TFS

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful vintage box with the drawers to store some treasures! Love it!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, you are so creative.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is very cool! Must have taken forever to create! So awesome!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey Stranger~~I saw your blog over on Geri's sidebar and thought I come check out this fabulous little (very time consuming I'm thinking) box! How cool is this! Fabulous job - good luck!!

Michelle said...

Simply beautiful Selma.

Anonymous said...

You have truly OUTDONE yourself this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you do with something like this when you are done with it?? Cards you mail, but what do you do with this?? Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Selma. This is really over the top gosh darn beautiful!!!
Wouldn't it be fun to fill with little gifts in each box and give to someone really special.

Colleen H

Joani McDonald said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog ~ that's kind of you. I like your box, it's something that I've wanted to try for a while now. You've given me the gumption to do it now Ü
Have a great day
Hugs,
Joani

Cathy in Az said...

Hi Selma, This is just beautiful, is there a tutorial for it?
Cathy in Az

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails