Saturday, July 31, 2010

Enjoy Your Day

Well I guess I was really ambitious today. I have three posts for you so be sure to scroll down to see all three.



I told you I had one more card to make for the StampTV CHA Envy challenges.  This one was for Theresa Momber's challenge --  Stamp an image sideways, upside down, or at a different angle than normal. 

The background paper is from the Basic Grey "Lime Rickey" paper pad.  The stamp set used was from Theresa's "Hope Grows" set available from Gina K Designs.  The branch was stamped then cut out with a rectangle Nestability, then sponged with yellow prior to taking it out of the die.  The bird was stamped onto a piece of card stock that I did the "Shaving Cream" technique on.  I only used one color of reinker in the shaving cream and that was Not Quite Navy.  When I stamped the image I mostly wanted to get the blue on the tail feathers.  I really like the way it turned out. The bird was attached with a dimensional. 

Something on the card had to be at a different angle so I stamped the greeting from the same stamp set and cut it out with a round Nestability.  A green scallop was added around the edge.  The main image was also matted onto a scalloped green background.  All the scallops were pierced.  Think the bird is reading the greeting?

To give the card dimension I made five small yellow flowers out of vellum and placed on the stamped branch.  Small green pearls were added in the center.  Three additional large vellum flowers and some vellum leaves were made for the upper left corner.  To complete the card, large pearls were added to the corners.

Tomorrow Melanie Munchinger has asked  her guest designers to participate in a blog hop  featuring new projects created with  her stamp sets.  I will be participating in this blog hop so be sure to check back tomorrow evening to see several new projects I have created for her.

5 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Hi Selma, Checked out all 3 posts, and as always, they are totally awesome. I'm still trying to make my vellum flowers look like yours but to no avail yet. Beautiful projects.
"Hugs" Carol

Karen W said...

They are all beautiful, I love the envelope one especially, just great!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Because of your cards, I've been using your idea for vellum flowers a lot. This card is very pretty.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful as are the other 2!

Nina said...

Oh I really love this one! so elegant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails