Monday, January 24, 2011

Joan's Tag Challenge #4


It is time for another Tag Challenge at Joan's Gardens.  It is such a fun challenge because you can make any type of tag you may need now or in the future.  I'm sure my family and friends are going to love the pretty tags I have created for these challenges.  I usually don't create tags with so many details but I am having so much fun doing them.

The tag created for this week's challenge is created on a tan shipping tag.  The edges were sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink.  A piece of design paper from the Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" pad was added. I embossed this piece with the Tim Holtz "Bricked" embossing folder then forgot to sponge it to bring out the embossing, but I think you can see it.   A narrow brown strip of card stock was added at the top and the bottom. 

To create the bird and branch, I used the Sizzix "Birds & Branches" die. This die has both branches with leaves and two different birds.   I cut out one of the branches five times, using different colors of card stock.  The leaves were cut off the piece cut in green, and were attached to the branch.  They were lightly sponged with green ink.  The beak for the bird was cut off the bird cut out on tan card stock and attached to the blue bird.  The bird was cut out in dark blue and light blue.  The wing was cut off the light blue bird and attached to the dark blue bird.  I used a white pen to kind of draw feathers on the wing and tail then sponged the bird with blue ink.  The eye of the bird was colored with a marker.  A pink vellum flower was made and attached on the branch.  Yellow stamens were glued to the center of the flower then light green Flower Soft was added in the very center.  

The pretty flowers are from a package of K&Company die cut pieces.  Using a rectangle Nestability, I cut a rectangle just slightly larger than the image to frame it.  A piece of vintage lace was added to the bottom of the card and blue pearls added to each scallop.  I was trying to balance out the blue on the tag.  

I have had a drawer of "fibers" that I have almost gotten rid of so many times, but find they work great to insert in the hole in the top of tags.  To complete the tag, I stamped the "To" and From" at the top.  

Did you remember to vote for your favorite tag from the last challenge?  Remember, every Monday the voting is open.  The person receiving the most votes will receive a "winners" badge from Joan to place on their blog.  In June one of these winners will be selected for a prize package from Joan's Gardens. 

All products in bold print can be ordered from Joan's Gardens.


7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Selma! Love all the detail!

A Consuming Passion said...

Ooh love your tag Selma!!! I'm working on one right now ......not too sure how it will turn out but .........

CraftinGranny said...

I've just got to start creating and playing along in these challenges. Such a beautiful tag! I'd love to see what you can do with a TTT card. Have no idea how I came up with that from Nina's challenge but I really liked how it turned out. "Hugs" Carol

Dianna said...

Selma,

This tag is so pretty and the detail you put into it is amazing. The only problem is, it is too pretty to use, so I guess it would have to be framed and put on display to bring it the attention is deserves.

Another beautiful creation by OUR Selma.

Dianna

Glenda said...

Gorgeous as always! So many points of interest! I love that you add all the little extras!

craftieodmae said...

Love the tag, all the detaqils, great job, I just don't understand where to go vote at?

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is sweet and dainty, love the colors and detail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails