Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pink Gelato and lots of Stickles



Are you like me with a huge collection of Stickles? I love Stickles because you can add glitter to anything without all the mess of glitter everywhere.  Don't get me wrong - I love the loose glitter too, but Stickles is great especially for small areas and is so quick and easy to use without any mess.    Well have I have used a lot of different colors of Stickles on this card.

Joan, from Joan's Gardens recently sent me this beautiful stamp set from KaiserCraft named "Pink Gelato".  It consists of the two stamps shown on this card.  My card base is 5.5" square.  I stamped the bicycle on a piece of white card stock approximately 4 3/4" square.  It was colored using Copic markers.  To color the background I used sponge daubers and ink.  It was attached to the center of my card.  The pretty flowery vine was stamped a a piece of white card stock 5.25" square.  The vine was stamped in the corner.  Using my paper cutter I cut a 1/2"  frame along the bottom and two sides right up to the design.  This was done with a small Fiskers Paper Cutter.  Scissors were then used to cut the rest of the frame out along the edge of the vine.  I then sponged on a light green ink all over the front of this piece then went back and sponged on a little darker green around the edges.  The design was then colored with Copic markers.  I cut out a few purple vellum flowers with the 3-flower Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch and added them several places on the vine on top and a couple in the basket.  I love using Flower Soft for this type of thing so added some yellow Flower Soft to the tiny flowers in the design to give it a little dimension.  The top piece was attached over the bicycle with dimensional tape.  I didn't feel it had enough pizazz so brought out all my bottles of Stickles and started coloring with glitter.  It really gave it some shine and I love it. I added glitter to practically everything in the design.  I have to say it does look better in real life than in the photo.  A piece of pretty trim from Joan's Gardens was added along the bottom.  The sentiment is from the JustRite stamp set "Vintage Floral Labels" and the frame from "You Inspire Me".  Stickles was added along the frame around the sentiment.   
Joan's Gardens had a good supply of different colors of Stickles, and Flower Soft.  She also has a good inventory of JustRite Stamps. Colors of Stickles used are:  Pink, Lavender, Aqua, Christmas Red, Lime Green, and Diamond.

Stamp sets used for Pink Gelato Card


8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous image, and another stunning card Selma, just beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

craftieodmae said...

a piece of art!!!! Can't beat stickles now can ya!!!

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Selma. Love everything about it. So summery
Clairexx

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a charming and beautiful card. I love all the detail!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Another beauitful card Selma...I love visiting your blog because you always do such a wonderful selection of cards. Love stickles and flowersoft is such a favourite of many of the crafters here in the UK.

Love Sheila xx

Joan Fricker said...

Great card Selma. I love the colors and the way you embellished it. You just can't beat those beautiful vellum flowers. Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Anonymous said...

Another winner!
Jackie

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi, I have just stumbled upom your blog and am so pleased I did! It is amazing! I have not seen the Heartfelt ones before and not quite sure how they actually work so I must look into it. Love your work, Judy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails