Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #2


 Are you ready for another challenge?  This week the challenge at Joan's Gardens is to create a Valentine using non-traditional colors.  I have used a piece of Graphic 45 design paper (Le Romantique) that has peach roses in it.  I'm not sure if this paper is still available but you can ask Joan.  I created a dimensional rose by using the Punch a Bunch "Super Giant Begonia Petals" punch to coordinate with the design paper.   Behind the top of the rose, I added one of the Marianne Design "leaves" (LR0192).  There are three leaves in this package and I love to use them with all my flowers.   I used a Spellbinders die for the green leaves.   

Another requirement in this challenge is to use some kind of lace.  I used the beautiful Cheery Lynn "Nautical Wheeler Doily" (DL180)  under the rose.  This is such a lacy doily and looks beautiful under the rose.  I cut the doily in half and used it above the band on the card.  Across the center I used a coordinating piece of design paper from the Graphic 45 pad for the band.  Over the band I add the pretty heart border from Cheery Lynn "Tangled Hearts" (B143).  The pretty heart is one of the new Cheery Lynn "Two of Hearts" (DL128).  I used the largest heart in this package and stamped the sentiment, which is from the retired , JustRite "Romantic Sentiments" stamp set.  The sentiment reads "You hold the Key to my Heart".  I used this sentiment because I wanted to use the beautiful Marianne Designs "Key" (LR0193).   I really love all the dies you can now purchase from Joan's Gardens.  They make it so fun to create beautiful quick and easy cards.  

I want to thank all of you that have been entering our weekly challenge.  Joan and I love to see your beautiful cards.  Maybe you will be the lucky winner from this challenge, determined by a random drawing to win a prize from Joan's Gardens. Remember, the winners of each of the weekly challenges will be entered into the drawing for the $100 gift certificate that will be awarded at the end of the year. 

Please go over to Joan's Garden's to read all the information about this week's challenge. 

  394056

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Selma, gorgeous papers and dies and the rose is fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous. I don't know how you do it Selma...combining all those gorgeous dies and getting such a fabulous result.

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd pop by your blog (from SCS) and take a look see. Oh my! You have beautiful cards. And I see that your main focus if teh punches and dies. I've grown a fondness for dies myself just recently, lol. I'll be sure to come back and take part in some of the challenges thru the year. Looks like a lot of fun. TFS

Glenda said...

You are such an enabler! You make me want everything you use on your cards. No wonder Joan is so busy! This is absolutely beautiful!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hello Selma...sorry it's been such a long time since I posted on your beautiful blog, hopefully I'm getting back to a bit of normallity now. What a stunning creation (as always) I've returned to! I love the way you put the various dies together and that rose is just gorgeous!

Love Sheila xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You never disappoint, Selma! Love how frilly this one is!

Colleen said...

Selma,
I agree with Glenda! Although I couldn't possibility keep up. This sure is beautiful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just plain romantic! LOve it!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Selma, this is beautiful! These die cuts just add such a delicate touch to such beautiful paper!

Anonymous said...

Verry, Verry Good!
Rose

Memaw said...

Happy New Year Selma - as always you leave me a awe, this is totally gorgeous, thank you for your inspiration. Looking forward to this year of learning from you and Joan.
Judy

redwasher1 said...

Selma, this stunning!!! It is beautifully done as always!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails