Saturday, March 16, 2013

Violets and Leaf Tutorial


The new  Graphic 45 "Secret Garden" 8x8" paper pad has such gorgeous papers. You know how much I like purple so I really wanted to create something with the lavender paper and one of the little panels on one of these sheets.  The Graphic 45 paper was added to the background, then the Spellbinders A2- Filigree Delight" frame was added for the background to this arrangement. (The color of card stock is not coming out the true color in this photo - it is more lavender.) Violets were created using  Punch Bunch petals.  There is a Marianne Design "Garden Branch" and a Memory Box "Fresh Foliage"  leafy die cut behind the the violets.    


I received the following email:
 "I love the Memory Box dies well, but I notice on your flowers and leaves you always have them "come to life" with a tool I imagine, but what do you use? I am always finding myself tearing and I know I don't have the right tools, but I look and look and can't find what I think will work. Can you help me?"

I used the Memory Box Fresh Foliage Leaf die she was asking about and thought I would answer explaining here how I made the leaves come to life.  As most of you know, I always use the tools available from Joan's Gardens to shape all my flowers.  Here is a picture:


To shape the leaves, I use the self-closing tweezers, shown in the top left of this kit.  I place the tweezers on the tip of each leaf, right in the middle, and pinch the edges up to give it a dimensional look.  I think by doing this it creates a more realistic looking leaf.  On the little tiny leaves, I place the tweezers on one side and pinch up the other side.


8 comments:

Leanne ... said...

Selma
This card is beautiful. I love the way you pinched those leaves. Love the colors here too.
Hugs...Leanne

Payne Holler Cards said...

Gorgeous! Love purple ...and you really do bring these images to life (-:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patricia Gessner said...

Love the violets but don't know how you made them....didn't understand what the punchbunch thing is?????????

craftieodmae said...

totally beautiful!!

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS creation Selma and as you know I love purple so this card REALLY jumped out at me! ALWAYS inspired by your creations! Love the new avatar too ... what a beautiful photo!
Stay well and keep inspiring us with your beautiful work!
HUGS from OHIO!

Caroline D. said...

Stunning!!! I've enjoyed seeing and reading about all your recent projects this morning as I'm catching up on visiting favorite blogs finally... sorry to be awol for a while but you know how crazy life can get and I'm trying to stay active more instead of glued to my computer. LOL

Своенравная said...

нежная и такая потрясающе красивая открытка, просто слов нет

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails