Friday, April 19, 2013

Butterfly and Rose


I love the Marianne Design embossing folders and have one I haven't used for a while that I wanted to try something different with.  I usually emboss a plain piece of card stock and add things to it.  Today I decided to see what it would look like if I embossed onto a piece of design paper.  I used a piece of design paper from the Lost & Found "Blush" 6x6 Designer Paper Pad.  The embossing folder was place right in the center.  I really like how this looks.  To dress it up I added a rose created with the Spellbinders "Spiral Blossom One" die.  The pretty leaves are from the Marianne Design "Anja Leaves".  

The butterfly is the pretty Cheery Lynn "Faerie Queen with Angel Wing" die.  I used an orange/yellow design paper for the Faerie Queen and a solid yellow for the angel wing.  

These products are in stock at Joan's Gardens:
Marianne Design DS0916 embossing folder
Marianne Design Anja Leaves LR0228
Cheery Lynn "Faerie Queen with Angel Wing" butterfly (DL161)
Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One S4-351

920393

7 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, love the effect! ~Diane

Glenda said...

This is quite lovely! Such a pretty eb folder and I love the rose! Well done my friend!

Rita said...

Hello Selma, What a stunning card. I love the designer paper and the colours you have chosen makes it looks so special. I wish my roses turned out like yours too. Hugs Rita xx

craftieodmae said...

one word comes to mind, beautiful!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Antoinette Voorn said...

Woww beautiful pink roses en the designpaper is really stunning .the effect with the embossingfolder is stunning1!

GreetzAntoinette
http://antoinettecreacards.blogspot.nl

Caroline D. said...

The emb folder made it look like you stenciled on emb paste or gesso! Quite a nice look! Beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails