Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Thank You Gift for Susan Tierney-Cockburn



Today I am sharing with you a gift created for Susan Tierney-Cockburn.   I posted earlier that my friend Pat and I drove over to Seattle and had a wonderful day with Susan.  We wanted to create something for her, as a small token of our appreciation.  As I have stated many times before, I first learned how to create beautiful flowers using Susan's instruction book and her Punch Bunch punches, so it was a real honor to be able to meet her.   Thanks again Susan.

The above picture, on the left is the  thank you card created using her "Susan's Garden "Bird & Wreath" embossing folder and her "Mini Petals Flower dies.  On the right is the  piece that was placed in a deep black framed shadow box.  We used the Susan's Garden Rose Flower dies to create the pretty rose and rose buds.   

This is a picture of the framed piece.  It was very hard to get a good picture because of the reflection in the glass.

 This is a picture of the piece before it was placed inside the frame.


 Here you can see the dimension of the Rose.

I have created many flowers, but there are no punches or dies that create more realistic flowers than those in the new  Sizzix "Susan's Garden" flower collection dies.  Susan has thought of everything to create the most beautiful,  realistic flowers in each set of flower dies, plus the new Flower Tool Kit, the Pan Pastels for coloring, and new "Pollen" to create realistic stamens.  

Products used:
 Susan's Garden Products used:
Sizzix, Susan's Gardens products used:
Susan's Garden's "Rose"  (658411)
Susan's Garden's "Mini Petals" (658409)
Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit
Susan's Garden "Bird & Wreath" embossing folder (658428)

967440

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful.

Shari

UTs Hobby Time said...

Awesome creation.

Rita said...

What can I say Selma, the word beautiful does not seem enough. I'm sure it will be treasured by Susan too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Antoinette Voorn said...

Lovely creation and a wonderful personal gift!!!

Greetz Antoinette
http://antoinettecreacards.blogspot.nl

Glenda said...

Your flowers have always been so gorgeous! Working with Susan's dies has just extended your talents! This rose is stunning and I know Susan will appreciate this card.

craftieodmae said...

OMS!!! YOu just keep wowoing me, this is gorgeous! I can almost smell that flower!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I am always inspired by your designs! What flourish did you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails