Thursday, July 25, 2013

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge


 It is time for a new challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week we would like to have you create a floral card:
  • Have three dimensional flowers with greenery
  • Use a Floral Design Paper
  • Use A doily
  • Use a product from Joan's Gardens


I hope you like this card as much as I do.  My card base is 5.5" square.  I used the largest Cheery Lynn "Horizon Square Boutique Stacker Frame" and layered it with a piece of glittered floral design paper from the Best Creation, Inc 6x6" Glitter Paper Pad.  A corner rounder was used to round the corners to fit inside the Stacker Frame.  The pretty doily is the MFT "Dizzy Doily".  On the top portion of the doily, I used one of the stamps from the Penny Black "Gratitude" stamp set.  It was stamped using VersaFine black ink then clear embossed.

The pretty roses were created with the MFT "Large Rolled Rose".  These roses are so easy to create because you just use your tweezers and roll them up.  I wanted a two shaded rose so used the Susan's Garden bright pink PanPastel down on the bottom portion of the petals.  After shading them, I shaped the petals with the largest stylus in the Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit.  By shaping each petal, it made the rose more realistic.  Once rolled, I place some "Crafter Pick Ultimate Glue" on the circle at the base of the flower to hold the shape of the flower in place.

To decorate around the roses, I added some MFT "Royal Leaves".  I sponged on a little larger green after shaping the leaves.  Around these larger leaves, I added some Cheery Lynn leaves from the "Flourish Leaf Strip".  To finish off the arrangement, I die cut the Marianne Design "Decorative Elegance" die using three different shades of lavender card stock.  I added Ranger "Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy dry glitter" to match the glitter in the background design paper.


 I hope you will join us in our challenge this week.



MFT Large Rolled Rose
MFT Dizzy Doily
MFT Royal Leaves
Best Creation, Inc 6x6 Glitter Paper Pad
Cheery Lynn Horizon Square Boutique Stacker Frames (DL253)
Cheery Lynn "Flourish Leaf Strip" (B178)
Susan's Gardens Pan Pastels
Susan's Gardens "Flower Tool Kit"
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Dry Glitter, Clear Rock Candy
Crafter's Pick Ultimate Glue
Black VersaFine Ink
Ranger ultra fine clear embossing powder

989901

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW@! You really have been rolling out some gorgeous creations ! Love this one

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is so pretty, Selma! Thanks for sharing it!

Pssequimages said...

Thank you Selma, what fun we'll have with this design and these ideas. Your card is STUNNING! Thanks for the inspiration.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Selma the double shaded roses look amazing. I am a big fan of your floral cards and was thrilled to bits seeing your comment on my Foam roses tutorial

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this card is so delicate and beautiful!!! I love your rolled flowers and the doily background. Just a fabulous card! TFS

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- This is so soft looking-just beautiful!

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails