Sunday, July 21, 2013

Susan's Garden Mini Poinsettias



I love all the new Christmas dies and stamps that you can now purchase. This gives us lots of time to get all our holiday cards made in advance of the busy season.  One of the new dies is the Memory Box "Fabulous Holiday Wreath".  I love to create holiday cards with a pretty wreath.   The leaves on the wreath are small holly leaves.  I die cut three wreaths, then used the leaf shaping tool from Susan's Flower Tool Kit to draw a line down the center of each leaf.  I used two of the wreaths that were face up and one wreath I used the back side of it, for the front, because the petals would face the opposite direction to make a very full wreath; this wreath was placed between the two others.  To shape the petals, on the top side of each petal, I used the smallest stylus in the tool kit and pushed down on the tip to put a little curl in it for additional shaping.  The three layered wreaths made a very pretty "full" looking wreath.  

This is a 5" x 7" red card.  I used all three of the Cheery Lynn new "Horizon Oval Boutique Stacker Frames" for the frame behind the wreath.  On the smallest frame, I used one of the stamps from the new JustRite "Christmas Inner Thoughts" stamp set.  Isn't it a pretty stamp.  Each layer was attached with dimensional tape.   On the corners, I used one of the snowflake stamps from the same JustRite stamp set and white embossed one on each corner.

The wreath needed some pretty little poinsettias so I created poinsettias from the Susan's Garden "Lily" dies.  I just added two rows of petals to the calyx (base) piece for each flower.  Each petal was shaded with a burgundy marker at the base, then shaped with the smallest loop tool, in the Susan's Garden Tool Kit.  In the center I added some clear glue and poured on some micro gold beads.  Aren't they cute little poinsettias!  To finish off the wreath, I added a red silk bow made with the Bow Easy.

I love this card -- I hope you do too.

Products used:

Memory Box "Fabulous Holiday Wreath" die (98723)
Cheery Lynn "Horizon Oval Boutique Stacker Frames" (DL 252)
JustRite "Christmas Inner Thoughts" stamp set (CL-04625)
Susan's Garden "Mini Lilies" (658275)
Susan's Garden "Flower Tool Kit" (658437)
Red Silk Ribbon
Bow Easy

987142  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Love the little poinsettias. . It looks very time consuming but worth it!

Shari

Melanie said...

Wow Selma, your cards are so beautiful and I love the poinsettias on the holly wreath. It really is lovely, especially against the white.

Melanie
x

Anonymous said...

Love this red and white card. The wreath is so pretty and I am so happy you told us about making poinsettias with the Lilly petals. Your creative mind is amazing. Hugs, Colleen

syy said...

I love this holly card - have just ordered the die after viewing your stunning card.

I have also ordered the memory box die after seeing your Merry Christmas card as well.

I do hope you are on commission for them.
tfs

Sylvia

syy said...

Just thought I would let you know it's not actually 6.39 am but 2.40pm I can't seem to get the time zone correct.

Sylvia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails