Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wood and Sparkle

 Today I have a card that has a wood look background that I created using my ScorPal and a variety of brown shades of Distress Inks.  I started with a piece of ivory 6x6" card stock and scored it every 3/4" across, to resemble seams in a piece of wood paneling.  I then placed the piece on a foam pad and added some squiggle lines,using a stylus,  for some distressing in each panel.  I pulled out all the shades of tan and brown Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads and started sponging on color, starting with the lightest color, until I was happy that it resembled wood. 


 Here is a little closer view and I think you can see the lines drawn in the card stock.  I wanted to create a Fall theme card.  I used the Marianne Design LR0128 flower die for the flowers,  and created stamens using the Cheery Lynn Build A Flower dies.  The flowers were die cut using burgundy card stock then using a sponge, I added Viva 3D Stamp-Paint for a beautiful sparkly shine.  The large leaf was die cut using the MFT, Hibiscus, die.  It was die cut using dark tan card stock and then sponged with , Viva Moss Green Metallic, Copper and Carmine Red-metallic 3-D Stamp-Paint.  These paints blend together really well for beautiful results. I purchased these paints from Heartfelt Creations. Emma Lou has a Heartfelt Creations video showing how to use these paints, on their blog under Tutorials.

Here is a close up so you can see how well the 3-D Stamp-Paint blended on the leaf.  Under the flowers I added a piece of multi-colored mesh that has some metallic gold in it.  I bought a roll of this several years ago at Michaels.  I also added three Marianne Design embellishments (LR0192) behind the flowers that also have the 3-D paint on them.  A little burgundy cording is under the flowers.

 For the sentiment on this card, I used an old JustRite stamp set called "Autumn Blessings".  It was die cut using a Spellbinders Oval Nestability then sponged.  I used the Tim Holtz punch to add holes around the die cut frame.  Three leaves and a butterfly were added to complete the card.

I have had a lot of emails asking about my daughter.  She just had her first doctor's appointment since surgery, and was told she is progressing well.  She had no damaging effects that were a possibility, so we are very thankful.  She will not be able to move her head much, and can not lift any thing until after she starts physical therapy in four weeks.  She is not able to tilt her head down to write or get on her computer,  so asked me to thank all of you that sent her cards.  She was so thrilled. They are on display in her home.   We thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and beautiful cards.   

Products used on this card:
ScorPal
Distress Inks
JustRite, Autumn Blessings Stamp Set
Marianne Design flower, LR0128
Marianne Design embellishment, LR0192
MFT, Hibiscus die
Cheery Lynn, Build A Flower Embellishments
Viva, 3D Stamp-Paint, Moss Green-Metallic, Copper, and Carmine Red-Metallic

1036699

7 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful and yes the background sure does resemble wood . Love the flowers and how sparkly they look.

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me. This is a real masterpiece. You need to frame this piece of art. Gorgeous work Selma.

Patti

Antoinette Voorn said...

Ohhh it really looks like wood!! beautiful!

Joke sk said...

Wauw!
In one word; Beautifull.
In een woord; Prachtig.

Greetings,
Groetjes,
Joke sk

craftieodmae said...

WOW!!!! This is incredible, so gorgeous!!!

Bonnie Weiss said...

You smartie ... It really DOES look like wood. It would be very pretty framed too.

Toni said...

How very clever to create the wood that way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails