Thursday, March 13, 2014

Get Well Card with Poppies




I love to have Oriental Poppies in my flower garden.  Poppies come in a variety of colors such as orange, red, pink and salmon.  Today I created a get well card with pretty orange Poppies. The flowers were created using Susan's Garden Poppy dies.  Here is a link to Susan Tierney Cockburn's Video showing you how to create the poppy.   The base of each petal was colored using the Susan's Garden Black Pan Pastel.  The larger leaves behind the top of the poppies was die cut using the Poppy Stamps "Meadow Leaf" die.

To create the brick wall behind the flowers, I used gray card stock and the Crafter's Workshop "Mini Bricks" 6x6 template.    Embossing Paste was used over the stencil and once dry,  five different Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone, Black, and Scattered Straw) were sponged over the bricks for color.  I cut around the bricks and mounted them to a piece of black card stock.  The sentiment was stamped on a Marianne Design tag (CR1211) and sponged around the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I used a piercing tool to punch holes in each scallop.  The black border was created with the Martha Stewart, Double Arches punches. 

My sister-in-law Judy was diagnosed with breast cancer and is having surgery for a double mastectomy today.  Your prayers would be appreciated for a successful surgery.

The following products used to create this card can be purchased from Ellen Hutson, LLC:


1121709

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is stunning!

Shari

Anonymous said...

Selma you always make my day. This is absolutely stunning.. Your flowers always look like they were just picked. Your work is consistently gorgeous. Thx for sharing your talent with us.

Bridgett

Susan said...

The poppies are stunning! My prayers go out to your family and especially your sister-in-law. XOXO

Jan Castle said...

Will remember Judy in prayer for a successful surgery and recovery! A pleasure to lift her up in prayer.
Your card is gorgeous, as always, Selma!
Hugs,
Jan

Glenda said...

Your card is just beautiful! Of course I adore the flowers; but the brick background just blew me away! Just a stunning piece!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous flowers, love the color!!!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Sending well wishes to your SIL, for a successful surgery and recovery ... a very frightening time for her, I'm sure.

Your poppies are as real as real gets Selma ... incredible.

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma

I love your cards – thank you for taking the time to share with us

I wish your sister in law best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery

Regards
Marie Hopkins

MariLynn said...

Your really outdid yourself with these flowers. Just amazing. Saying a prayer for Judy. Praying for peace and healing.

Lenoria said...

Selma, I'm sending prayers for Judy and for your family and a hug also! Your cards always lift my spirits and I know this one will lift her's also. Praying for Blessings for all of you!!

Jenelle said...

Your card as always is just beautiful.
My thoughts and prayers go out to your sister in law, you and your family at this very tough time and I wish her well for a quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Debi Lefever

Anonymous said...

So glad that I decided to get on your email list. You are such an inspiration for my flower making! Thank you

Marti Rollin

ednamburgess said...

Thanks for info on this beautiful card.
Will keep Judy in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery. Edna

Eva van Buuren said...

A wonderful card, Selma!
The popies are gorgeous!! I love them...
The brick wall is fantastic!
I pray for Judy, for her quick recovery!
Hugs, Eva.

Shirley said...

How really elegant! I love the poppies, your beautifully punched border, and that brick BG I think I need the temple for now that yours turned out so fantastic. I just ordered it!! Shame on you!!! A lovely card, Selma!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Selma,

I have never written to you before, but wish to thank you for your exquisite craftsmanship. You are truly talented.

My prayers are with Judy for a full and speedy recovery. Praying for Judy now . . .

xo,

Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails