Sunday, February 8, 2015

Exciting News and Susan's Garden CountryScapes


I am very excited to announce that I am now on Susan Tierney-Cockburn's 2015 Design Team for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.  Susan is now a licensed designer for ECD; she has 22 new die sets: "Country Scapes", "Garden Notes" and "Garden Patch". She also has 9 "Seeds of Thought" Rubber Stamps and soon will have a new flower tool kit available.   I will be giving you information about these new products soon.

Today I have designed a card using Susan's CountryScapes dies.  I have never thought I was very good at creating scenes, but it was so fun and very easy with these dies!  For this card, I have used dies from each of the CountryScapes die sets to give you an idea of the great variety of dies for creating beautiful cards for people who love the outdoors/gardening and also an easy way to create masculine cards.

 I started by sponging a cloudy sky onto white card stock.  The Country Fence 1 was die cut and sponged with Distress inks.  On the fence, I added the crow from the Country Critter 1 die set. There are 10  different critters in this set The Woods 1 tree was die cut using white card stock then shaded with light brown ink.  A black marker was used to add distress marks on the bark.  In this die set you also get extra tree branches, leaves, birdhouse and a mushroom ground cover(which I did not use). 

I had so much fun creating the little pots of flowers using the Backyard 1 die set.  I die cut the geraniums twice, to double layer the flowers to give them dimension.  I then die cut the geranium flowers again in green card stock and layered them on the leafy portion of that die cut.  The flower pots are also in this set.  

To create the purple flowers, I used one of the dies from the Country Flora 1 die set.  It has flower stems and grass.  The little flowers were die cut using purple card stock, were shaped then glued onto the flower stems.  For the grass, I cut down each blade of grass to make them very thin.  There are three layers of the grass along the bottom of the card.  

The bunny was die cut using the Country Critters 1 die set.  I added a tiny white pom pom to his tail.  The birdhouse is from The Woods 1 die set. For the sentiment, I used Susan's Winter Spring sentiment stamp.

I hope this post inspires you to check out all the CountryScape dies to see the possibilities for creating beautiful country inspired cards and projects.

All the following products can be purchased at Elizabeth Craft Design:


15 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW so beautiful and Especially love the texture on the fence.The flowers as always are so gorgeous too
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Anne Harada said...

Congratulations Selma! Your designs with Susans products are always works of art so it is no suprise youre on her new team! So excited to see what you have in store for us!!! This card is fantastic! I adore the little critters and all the details you put into the scene. Lovely!!

Petras Bastelschätze said...

What a beautiful spring card. I like the colours and all the details, great.
LG Petra

Paula said...

Congratulations on a well-deserved DT spot. I love the card, so many little details.

Eva van Buuren said...

CONGRATULATIONS Selma!!
I am very excited to see all your new projects with Susan's new dies!
Your scene is wonderful, Selma! You have it colored so good, soooooo real. I love looking on....in my thought it brings me back to my childhood, to the garden of my Grandmother.
I really look forward to see more of your gorgeous creations!!
Hugs, Eva.

Janie Printz said...

Congratulations Selma, what a great design team to be on & Susan is so fortunate to have you creating these wonderful scenes for her. I love how you added the texture of the bark on the tree & the fence looks as those you would get splinters if you ran your hand across it. Great job on this & can't wait to see your next creation.
Janie

Lenoria said...

Congrats on your new position with the design team! This card is so cute and I love the texture and design!

Anonymous said...


CONGRATULATIONS, Selma! What an asset you will be to the team! LOVE your card and thank you for your thorough explanation.

Hugs,
Debi

Joset said...

Wow Selma, this is a stunning card! We're so happy to have you on the team! :-) Joset

Nancy Hill said...

Congratulations Selma - you are the perfect fit to be on her design team. Have fun!

Beautiful card.

Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com) said...

Selma: Never doubt yourself, for you such an experienced crafter, with talent you have yet to discover. Continue to show your beauties for they are an inspiration for me. Congrats on new DT appointment. Thank You.

kc said...

Congratulations!!!! Your card is beautiful. I am hoping spring comes early this year because winter is lasting too long in my opinion.

I just love looking at your cards that you create.

Anonymous said...


Congratulations to you. They are LUCKY to get you!!

Patsy in Florida

Glenda said...

Congratulations on your spot on the design team! You will be a great asset for them! This is lovely and I just love those flowers.

April said...

Congrats! I love your gorgeous scene card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails